Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is there a procuct out there? >

is there a procuct out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is there a procuct out there?

Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 AM

Default is there a procuct out there?

I was trying to figure out if there is a product out there that anybody knows of that attatches to a bow that would allow somebody without a hand on his bowholding arm to shoot a bow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:55 AM

Default RE: is there a procuct out there?

I know of a website that sells releases that you use your teeth to hit the trigger. They are made for people with one arm. I was thinking about this the other day. I will try to dig that site up for you. Are you going to buy this for someone or try to market it?

Here is the site:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...+one+arm&hl=en
Old 03-26-2005, 11:05 AM

zak,

I was looking to try to buy a procuct like this for a kid I know. The problem is the device has to attatch to the hand that actually holds onto the grip of the bow, not the relase hand.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:24 AM

I dont think there is such a thing, but the mouth tabs that the other guy mentioned should work well.

Unfortunately the young man will have to learn to shoot holding the bow with his opposite (good) hand, and use the mouth tab to draw the bow.

I understand Dwight Shuh was able to learn the mouth tab rather quickly, and I know its not that hard to learn to shoot opposite handed, as I recently taught myself.

Sorry to hear the boy needs special accessories to enjoy the wonderful sport of archery. Thankfully, with those special items, he will be able to.

Have a good one and good luck teaching him.---Matt
Old 03-26-2005, 12:08 PM

try looking up draw lock. they have a product that you draw back with your foot on the stablelizer it locks in place with a safety then when your are ready to shoot take off the safety with your mouth and shot with mouth. they make a bow that is 24" ata and show a 8 year old boy draw it and shoot it at a 70LB pull.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:06 PM

Yes .........I seen a guy one time invented a deal so his son could hold the bow and still shoot......Bad thing is I have no ideal to tell you were to start lookin.......[]

But it's out there...........
Old 03-26-2005, 01:50 PM

saw a guy that had lost his bow holding arm on the outdoor or mens channel this morning hunting hogs. He had a prosthetic that could hold his bow, then he had a brace that went from his arm to his hip since he couldn't hold the weight up. Then he used a draw lock (i think its called) since he couldn't draw the bow without using his foot
Old 03-26-2005, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: huntnbuddy

try looking up draw lock. they have a product that you draw back with your foot on the stablelizer it locks in place with a safety then when your are ready to shoot take off the safety with your mouth and shot with mouth. they make a bow that is 24" ata and show a 8 year old boy draw it and shoot it at a 70LB pull.
For that matter why not just use a crossbow? Same concept.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:01 AM

not as good as a compound washington
Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure with some thought someone could custom make a strap that would connect to the bow grip than to a swivel which would be attached to a brace which would strap around the wrist and maybe over the the end where the hand would be so it wouldn't slide.Sort of like a mitton with straps. Good luck and wish I was in the leather bussiness, I'm sure we could devise something that would be inexpensiv and work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.