HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Nugent on TV last night... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/95260-nugent-tv-last-night.html)

Justin 03-25-2005 09:03 AM

RE: Nugent on TV last night...

You know what they say about opinions.......

portable ladder 03-25-2005 09:25 AM

i like him, but he is over the top at times, sometimes doing more harm than good for us

max the dog 03-25-2005 09:41 AM

True but he's about the only celebrity hunter we have. I think Jeff Foxworthy is the only other celebrity who admits to being an avid hunter. The rest are either anti-hunter or indifferent.

Of course I don't know how Ted's behavior is a suprise, he's been known as the motor city madman for years.

silentassassin 03-25-2005 09:45 AM

I appreciate what Ted is trying to do but I think he is so misguided in his efforts that he does far more harm than good. He comes off as fanatical and non-hunters that are exposed to him tend to picture us all that way because of it. I will watch his show on occaision if there is nothing else on (moslty because Shemane is hot) but it was so bizarre the other day I couldn't bare to watch. I thought it was aweful.

gutshot 03-25-2005 09:52 AM

Max The Dog have you never heard of Dave Watson, Gerald McRaney, Larry Csonka and to many other sports stars to mention?[>:]

Chilidog 03-25-2005 11:54 AM

If you don't like him why would you watch his show?
Also, what good is it to bring it up here? Why not write the sponsors of his show? That might accomplish something.
Max the Dog, you better get out more.

True but he's about the only celebrity hunter we have. I think Jeff Foxworthy is the only other celebrity who admits to being an avid hunter. The rest are either anti-hunter or indifferent.
All type of NFL players and MLB hunt. If you watch the Outdoor Channel you'd have to see that on a regular basis.
There some guy in Green Bay, number four or something. The sports caster here are always talking about his and the other Packers bow hunting.
Now what was that crackers name agian?

Oh I almost forgot, the Camo guy Realtree was a tennis player before he got rich selling camo.

Charlie P 03-25-2005 12:17 PM

If you don't like him why would you watch his show?
How can you have an educated opinion on something/someone if you know nothing about the person or what they put out?

drstalker 03-25-2005 01:26 PM

Good point Charlie.

Buck Magnet 03-25-2005 01:57 PM

I have said it once and I will say it again, he may help bring people into our sport, but he pushes that many or more away.

My parents were at a elk expo here in PA and good ol' Uncle Ted was talking. In the middle of his speech he starts talking about how you "have to be retarded to...." do this and that. In the mean-time, my parents were sitting beside a man that was actually mentally retarded!

As far as other celebs, there are many many celebs out there who hunt and do what they can to help the sport out! To differance between them and Uncle Ted is that they aren't a bunch of washed-up guitar players who have enough free-time to hunt all day long at the YO ranch shooting as many fenced in animals as they can, and connecting "with the spirit of the wild" and the "blood brothers" and the "mystical flight of the arrow"...[:-]

djkiller 03-25-2005 04:11 PM

doesnt matter if ya dont like his show. hes got more hunting time in the woods than all of us. while I do agree his shows tend to get a little off the wall. but it is in good taste. he does so much for kids and hunting. not to mention that he goes to bat for us when PETA and congress want to take something from us hunters. I cant believe this topic has been brought up. Need to do some checking.