Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found in the woods? >

What have you found in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found in the woods?

Old 03-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What have you found in the woods?

Well, if fishing on a little private lake is out in the woods... I have a couple very weird/sad/unusual stories! Me and a buddy (we were 14) last year planned a big fishing weekend on the little private lake I live on... A couple other people live on the lake. Went out the night before to get a little top-water bass fishing in then we were going to go out in the morning for pike. Well, the night before we found a boat submerged under then water about less than a foot... Mind you the lake is VERY deep... But the people next door were having a huge party (Kids) and figured they just trashed the boat or whatever... So we got the boat out of the water, cleaned it up... Sweet I got a new boat I thought.. The next day about 6 in the morning we get out there and about 10 feet from where we found the boat lay a dead man floating in the water... Scariest feeling ever!! UNbelievable how fast the police get there when they are already dead rather than dying?? Just thought I would share.. Man that was scary!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:13 AM

well lets see, i find condoms all the time. and then the usually a few arrows every year.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:43 AM

My buddy found a pair of Swarovski bino's a good pick up there.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

I've found several things over the past upteen years. I found a 22 mag with the clip still full and 1 in the chamber. cleaned it up and I still use it today for tree rats. I also found a 12 gashotgun. No rust and still loaded. It was just leaning up against a tree. I found a 6ft carpenters level in the middle of the woods. It is made of aluminum and I have it hanging in my garage. I've found arrows, bow holders, two people having sex, that was a good one. I scared the hell out of them, unintentional of course. I guess they thought they had the woods all to them selves in early bow season. I found old cars and a still once.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

All these stories of finding loaded guns all I picture are two guys out in the woods when one says to the other. "I'll just lean my gun here till we get back, as if it's gonna disappear".

My one coisin found a brand new Garmin gps and my other cousin found a dead body. He was out fall turkey hunting and saw a man leaning against the tree so he circled around as not to disturb him. Then it hit him...the guy was wearing shorts and a tee-shirt so he walked down to check it out. Sure enough the guy was dead, turns out he emptied his bank account then went into the woods and killed himself. The police said he had 5,000.00 in his pocket. They had hounds all through that area but never found him earlier. (he must have been wearing scent lok)
Old 03-24-2005, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

I found a buck knife at the base of my favorite tree stand one year and no one else has pemission to hunt the property. The strangest thing I have found was this year while shed hunting I found a freshly shed white tail. I didn't know deer shed their tails as well as their antlrers.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

A meth lab, a plane that had gone down years before(it had been discovered before) but it was still kinda wierd. Some arrows a couple hats.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:41 AM

A Mary Jane patch. Properly fertilized and tilled.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as NBK 1. Found a marijuana patch in the woods in a remote area of Ft. Benning in 1979. Doing an air assault and movement to contact during Infantry Officer Basic Course and me an another guy on point. He spotted it first. Our TAC officer radio'd in the position. Never knew what happened after that point.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:29 AM

I was blood trailling a doe last season. I tracked her into a christmas tree field and lost the blood trail. As I was walking along a dirt road on the edge of the field looking for sign, I came accross the jaw bone of a deer fully in tact with all the teeth too.

Quick Reply: What have you found in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.