Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiet rain gear

Old 03-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Quiet rain gear

Who uses what for bowhunting in wet weather? I was looking at Cabela's Revolution Dry Fleece........uninsulated. I like the looks of the pull over jacket and the pants have cargo pockets. I was about to buy a new uninsulated camo suit but thought why not get one that is also water proof, suppose it could be worn at any time.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 PM
pah

Default RE: Quiet rain gear

Ive been using the Browning pac jacket and pants for a number of years now and it works pretty good, its quiet, light weight and very packable, the only downside to me is the pants. They don't have any pockets, no zipper and the lower legs don't open up enough to put them on over boots, but they do keep me dry.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wear the Cableas MT050 gore-tex bibs amd jacket. I believe it is packable if you get it without scent lok. I have the scent lok uninsulated outfit. It works great just wearing layers to keep warm once the temps drop.

Real light weight, nothing sticks to it, sheds briars really well, 100% water proof and 100% wind proof. Great setup.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 PM

I use bass pro sqaul tex and am very happy.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM

Rivers West out of Seattle Washington makes great water proof clothing.It Is really well made and can be used in cold weather as well.It is quite quiet,not as quiet as fleece but rugged.In a hardwood forest it is plenty quiet,in a conifer forest nothing is quiet enough except fleece and wool.
Very nice people at Rivers West!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM

Squal-tex from Bass Pro. It is quiet, very breathable, and comfortable. I don't hunt in the rain all that much, so I didn't see the need for the best raingear money could buy. I am very happy with this.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM

I agree with the people who said BPS Squaltex, its very comfortable, you dont sweat in it and it keeps you dry.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:17 PM

I've been using the stuff from Gander Mountain, Guide Series H2O. Very quiet and light.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:01 PM

I like Mossy Oaks Raintamer suit
Old 03-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Cabela's MTO50 - Bibs, pants & jacket. Quality rainwear

Quick Reply: Quiet rain gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.