Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Might be very repetative, but I need some climber advice! >

Might be very repetative, but I need some climber advice!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Might be very repetative, but I need some climber advice!

Old 03-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Might be very repetative, but I need some climber advice!

I would suggest you take a look at the Summit line of stands. I have been very happy with the quality and performance of my Summit climbers. They are very comfortable and easy to use, as well as being rock solid on the tree. My personal favorite is the Goliath, but they have a lot of differnt models and styles to choose from.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:53 AM

I bought a Summit Viper XLS, and I love it. The front bar does not get in the way during a shot. I feel more comfortable with the front bar. I posted a post on this board about how good Summit stands were and they sent me a hat, a hunting video, and a catalog. Summit is a great company and you can't go wrong with them.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big Summit fan. I feel they offer the best package of size, comfort, weight and ease of use.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

buck shot makes some outstanding stands
Old 03-23-2005, 04:46 PM

imo a summit is the best there is!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:07 PM

Remember that most people don't have the oppotunity to try models from every mfg. so take things with a grain of salt. if someone says they love a stand, then it's a good stand, and it should be considered. Also a treestand is going to last a long time so what ever you spend divide it by 10 or 20 and that's how much it costs you a year for your treestand. it's easier to justify the price.

the stands i have constanly heard the best remarks about in no particular order are

buckshot, lonewolf, summit, timbertall, api

none of them is the best in every category, but one is best for the indiviudal.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Summit. I have a Viper, you can adjust the seat up as far as possible and the bar will be just above your knees.So unless you're shooting a long bow the bar shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Shaky....

I like how you rationalize the $$ you spend on hunting gear. If something costs 1,000 but lasts a long time..it's $$ well spent. I think the exact same way you do.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm a big fan of the loggy. I have used one for 15 years and haven't seen anything that can match it for compact and versitility. It can be used as climber or lock on. I don't recomend the climber attachment. I would stick with the stand itself and shimmy up the tree.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:53 AM

Another vote for Summit, I can sit all day easy, even sat for 7 hours without having to stand. All weilded, and where the metal comes together they are jointed there is no sound when in use. Sets up fast and quiet. I looked at API but my friend had a problem when the shrink wrap craked the chain would drag the back of the tree when climbing. It is not reccomended but you can even readjust the stand while in the tree. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Might be very repetative, but I need some climber advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.