Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A few pics from OHIO Deer & Turkey Expo >

A few pics from OHIO Deer & Turkey Expo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A few pics from OHIO Deer & Turkey Expo

Old 03-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A few pics from OHIO Deer & Turkey Expo

Cornfed

If this is the drop tine buck you are referring to this one had matching drop tines on both sides. I tried to take a profile pic so you could see both sides. If you look you can see the matched drop tine on the other side as well.

Also, on a side note I was really disappointed in the taxidermy work done on most of the mounts. It was unreal how bad some of them looked. Guess I just have it good being good buddies with a top notch taxidermist[8D]

Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 AM

Well guys I did not make it to the show so don't have any pics to post, sorry. And thanks for the well wishes, this cold sucks. But I did shoot outside in the rain yesterday, maybe it is somewhat my fault[:'(]
Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 AM

il cornfed. that buck was my favorite also.but do you call that a "drop tine" or a "drop rack" and buckhntr, those are some nice photos. i got there about noon and stayed until 4. ther seemed too be quite a few up there by 4.they were still putting them up when i was leaving. and i thought the same thing about some of the taxedermy work. some were pretty shoddy for animals of that caliber
Old 03-20-2005, 02:19 PM

hay buckeye did u see the buck with the horn growning out of his eye? and did u see the unicorn buck? they were in the back were they had the games and stuff.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:53 PM

awesome pics and great looking buck iam jealous
Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Cornfed

If this is the drop tine buck you are referring to this one had matching drop tines on both sides. I tried to take a profile pic so you could see both sides. If you look you can see the matched drop tine on the other side as well.

Also, on a side note I was really disappointed in the taxidermy work done on most of the mounts. It was unreal how bad some of them looked. Guess I just have it good being good buddies with a top notch taxidermist[8D]

I knew something was goig on with that other side but had NO idea it was the same!!! My Lord.... now THAT is a buck!!!! I would LOVE to hold that one in my own hands!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mike838

il cornfed. that buck was my favorite also.but do you call that a "drop tine" or a "drop rack"

I think you're right! That's what you would have to call that freak! Man, could you imagine you see a magnum 10 pointer walking through the woods and then it looks like he has another 8 pointer growing out the back of his rack! Just amazing.... I don't care what he scores, it could never do those antlers justice!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am trying to find another angle of the drop tine buck for you to post.

Here is another good buck I missed. I believe it went 220??? It's the Doug May buck.

another one here too.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I am trying to find another angle of the drop tine buck for you to post.

Here is another good buck I missed. I believe it went 220??? It's the Doug May buck.

I wuld love to see another angle on that drop monster! Man, I would LOVE to dig us an in-the-field pic of that beast?

The May buck is AWESOME..... wow what a frame, look at the tine length on that dude!!! Now that is what a person wants to visualize when he thinks of OHIO!!! Thanks again Buckeye for posting these!