Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guys, I need help...... >

Guys, I need help......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guys, I need help......

Old 03-18-2005, 10:13 AM

Default RE: Guys, I need help......

You make a good point Fieldmouse but that question is already part of the application process. That was good advice though.

Mehuntalot,

I’m in Southern York co and will hopefully be attending UNH. I'm a black bear fan at heart but the university offers the exact courses I was looking for and it's conveniently close to home. Are you at UMO?

Everyone else,
Thanks for the references. What I've read sofar is packed full of facts and will greatly help me to write my essay.

Thanks again!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

yeh I am at UMO...nice place but kinda far away

I am actually from windham, so I am not too far away from you at all. I do a lot of bowhunting in the expanded season in cumberland, falmouth, westbrook with moderate success...and I got out quite a bit up here with great success seeing animals, but not shooting

I kept an eye on the tournament all throughout the fall and plan on joining in on the action for next year
Old 03-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I wish you luck adams. Just remember the college motto:

You can always retake a class but you can never relive a party.[8D]
Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

lol....exactly

but you can sure try!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:55 AM

If it is an admissions essay then the representative who is going to read your piece is not looking at how you write, he is looking to see what makes you tick. Since bowhunting makes your blood flow, focus on that rather than the management stuff that you or anyone else can find on the internet. The rep can find that stuff there too.

Tell that person what makes the sport sepcial to you, what you get out of it, what gets the juices going. You are selling you and UNH is a school that accepts or rejects based on more than test scores and school grades. They actually read teacher and other letters of recommendation and they value your writing in the process as well.

The admissions people are much more interested in you and how you will fit in on campus that on your writing. They can see how you write from your grades and from your test scores.

Oh yeah, I'm a high school guidance counselor/supervisor.

Greg
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM
oam

Adams,

I wrote a paper similar to this when I was in school. It was a case study about deer management for Cranes Beach reservation in Ipswich Ma (Angle Island off CA too).
Back in the mid-80s (or thereabouts), anti-hunting groups and F&G fought over how to handle the over population. Everything from hunting, relocation, birth control ... was discussed in public and reported on by the Boston Globe. The globe has a ton of articles on it for reference.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM

Thanks OAM, I'll do a google search to shee if I can get some more specifics.

I appreciate you help and thanks for logging in and joining us.