HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Thumb Trigger Releases?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/94303-thumb-trigger-releases.html)

gutshot 03-17-2005 09:16 AM

Thumb Trigger Releases??

I'm thinking about going to a thumb trigger release and was wondering which one people prefer?

bowhunterlimerick 03-17-2005 09:19 AM

RE: Thumb Trigger Releases??

the chappy boss is one of the top of the line ones wiht a very crisp trigger, but for a little cheaper tru ball also makes the 3-D thumb pool or there pro diamond seris and are very nice good luck with your shooting!

Geronimo 03-17-2005 04:26 PM

Pro Diamond....

WA Shooter 03-17-2005 05:20 PM

Spot Hogg has the Cascade models that you "relax" to shoot. These are very effective for target shooting, and will cure trigger punching. Not a very good design for hunting though.

BGfisher 03-17-2005 07:47 PM

WA Shooter,

Says you. I've been using a Model 8 Cascade for about 8 years now. I also have 2 Model 10's that I haven't even shot since I got them 2 years ago. But just because it has a rope soen't mean ya can't hunt with it. I can hook mine up in about 2 seconds without even looking at it.. It's called familiarity. Familiar as in about 300 shots a week, on average.

Angus74 03-17-2005 08:43 PM

Carter makes several models of thumb trigger releases, you just have to see what fits your hand, and form. I shoot a Carter Fat Boy target release, it is a three finger release and is a little thicker than some of the other models.

Matt / PA 03-17-2005 09:16 PM

I'm also a Carter shooter.......they are the only thumb trigger releases I have used that don't feel "Mechanical". Put one that fits into your hand Vs a Tru Ball etc and you will see what I mean. They are so smooth and rounded that they feel "Soft".
Very comfy releases to shoot. They have quite a few finger patterns and frame sizes to get a good fit.
I am currently shooting a "Just Cuz" 3 finger, but have shot and owned an Insatiable, Insatiable 2 as well. I will probably pick up an Insatiable 3 or another Just Cuz for back-up as I head into the more important 3D shoots this year.

Jack Ryan 03-17-2005 11:48 PM

Hot Shot

Kanga 03-17-2005 11:58 PM

I am currently using a TruBall Extreme with Talon Head for both target and hunting.

But am seriously thinking about getting the new Mag-Tek thumb release designed by Ken Stanislawski

Here is what it looks like best thing is no springs;)

dsheally 03-18-2005 12:19 AM

I also use a Carter and have for many years. My favorite is the Same Old Thing
which I have had for over 10 yrs. or more and it has been a fantastic release and
still is. I also owned a Hole Thing 3 and it was great also. I just got a new one
2 days ago called the Target Master-2 and so far it's great . You can set these
releases very light, like a fine custom gun trigger with no travel. Yes, you will
pay the price for them but they are more than worth the price IMHO.