Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB >

ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB

Old 03-13-2005, 06:54 PM

Default ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB

I just upgraaded to a new Mathews switchback and new Whisker biscuit.

I had been shooting 2314's out of my Legacy with a muzzy Zero Effect. I loved the rest LOVED IT. withoned exception I wanted the arrow to be fixed in place like a whisker biscuit. It just made it easier when I was on the run elk hunting. Those of you who elk hunt know what I mean. I hate having to hold one finger on the arrow when I am moving quickly.

I have two questions in this post. Any one else have the same issues I do with the Muzzy ZE?

Secondly looking for any comments on these new arrows. I am trying to tune something in around 400 grains to elk hunt with and those two arrows fit the bill?

PLEASE COMMENT ESPECIALLY on the AC super SLIM!!

THANKS to all who help out here!

MATHEWS SWITHBACK and OUTBACK with MZE and Trophy RIDGE guide series
TROHPHY RIDGE GUDES SERIES
WHISKER BISCUIT
ACC KINTEIC for now
Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ac axis, a/c super slim, MZE WB

I have been shooting my super slims for a bout a week now and all I can say is my first impressions when I seen the specs where that this is going to be a good hunting arrow.

But after shooting them I will change that initial thought to these are a great hunting arrow, hard hitting and fly like lazers out of my Allegiance.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never shot the super slims but gave the axis a try last year. To tell the truth I didn't care for them much at all. It was really diffictult to get the inserts in and once they were in it was just as tough trying to find field points to fit. i also have heard from alot of people that they lose their d=straightness after shooting them for awhile. Of course I have also heard from those that say they love them but once again I am just giving you my personal experiences with them.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Bearklr, I have heard of the axis possibly loosing spine and or straightness, but the ac super slims mentioned above should be ALOT better. The ac super slims should compare to eastons acc shafts. As for finding feild points that fit, easton makes adapter rings for those arrows.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have not had a problem getting field points or Broad Heads to fit even with my Axis arrows.

Plus I have not had to use the adaptor rings.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:07 PM

Aussie guy what broadheads do you use that are the same diameter as the axis or super slims. I know you can get field points in that diameter but I thought broadheads wewre a different story. I use the adapter rings behind the broadheads to get rid of the "lip", where the shaft and broadhead meet. It makes pulling them out of a target a little easier.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM

I shot the Axis super slims through a whisker biscuit this season and yes it will hold onto that slim arrow quite well. I've nothing but compliments for the biscuit but the arrows are a personal preference. Slim they are and yes they do fly like lazers but I did find a few problems. As bearklr said the inserts can be a pain to get in there. Eventually I had a bow shop do it for me. I had to use the narrowest field points for practice but was unable to find broadheads that fit. I just had to make do with what I had (Crimson Talon). I took 2 does and a buck during the Illinois bow season with them. One was a perfect 40 yard heart and double lung hit that dropped the deer in 10 yards from the point of impact. If I didn't say it before they are very staight and flat shooting arrows. I just found them to be too light and fragile for my preference. Even if they aren't bothered by the wind the slightest twig, leaf or grass blade will deflect these arrow. I had 2 break and one was in taking the buck. It penetrated one side, hit the shoulder bone on the far side, and cracked right behind the broadhead. When I recovered the arrow I thought I missed and hit a tree but did find a small blood trail. 200 yards later the deer bunched up with my broadhead still in it. The inside was a mess but it scarecly bleed because it did not pass through.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ash2042

Aussie guy what broadheads do you use that are the same diameter as the axis or super slims. I know you can get field points in that diameter but I thought broadheads wewre a different story. I use the adapter rings behind the broadheads to get rid of the "lip", where the shaft and broadhead meet. It makes pulling them out of a target a little easier.

I use Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 PM

I have used muzzys and they do work fine but they also work well with the adapter ring.