Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stuipid Corn!!!!! >

Stuipid Corn!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stuipid Corn!!!!!

Old 03-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Stuipid Corn!!!!!

It was the beging of bow season and it was my first time really ever going out and me and my dad and brother (bigBuck90) were all hunting and they werein seperate part of the woods and i was being bored siting there doing nothing and all of a sudden a spike had popped out with a young doe so i pulled back my mathews mustang and waited and then he was broadside about 12 yrds. so i shot and hit him right there in the heart so as i waited for a good 10 mins i climbed down and traced the spike and then ran straight into the cornfield with the corn field still up so tthat was trouble tring to find that deer and still no luck so next time im going to have to drop it in his tracks.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Stuipid Corn!!!!!

How do you plan on droping him in his tracks?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:38 AM

Sorry you lost your deer.Ilost one this year too[:'(]How do you plan on dropping him in his tracks?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:49 AM

If your wanting to drop them in their tracks then you have to trade your Mathews in for a Remington. Hit them in the base of the neck, they will be dead before you hear the "BOOM".
Old 03-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fail to see how the corn is to blame here? A decent tracking job would have recovered a heart shot deer 12 yards away and broadside within 30 minutes.
You're leaving something out of the story.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:47 PM

Tracking skills are as important as shooting skills. Never give up until you've exausted all the tracking effort you can get.Have you checked the corn since it's been picked? Maybe the hit wasn't as good as you thought. Never start tracking before 1/2 hr, but an hour would be better.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Hazcon7: I agree......shouldnt a heart shot from that distance kill a deer fairly quickly.......plus if he's in the corn the tracks should be somewhat evident......plus theres lots of corn for the blood to rub or spray onto......anyways there must be more to it.........not calling you a liar...but you must have left something out
Old 03-12-2005, 01:47 PM

it dosen't seem like a full story
Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

so i shot and hit him right there in the heart
Tough deer ,or maybe it got a quick heart transplant
Old 03-12-2005, 04:17 PM

Tough deer ,or maybe it got a quick heart transplant
no he was wearin a bullet/broadhead proof vest

Quick Reply: Stuipid Corn!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.