Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Met Byron Ferguson yesterday >

Met Byron Ferguson yesterday

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Met Byron Ferguson yesterday

Old 03-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Met Byron Ferguson yesterday

Seems like a cool guy...............he asked me what Bowtech I shot because I had my hat on........I know he is a traditional guy right?? We just chatted in general for a minute while I checked out some arrows he had layed out.........nice guy.

Last year I ran into Chuck Adams and didn't realize who I was talking to until I read his name on his shirt [].........I think he was happy to talk to someone as a regular guy and not as "Chuck"

I love outdoors shows.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Met Byron Ferguson yesterday

I honestly dont know what he's on, but I want some of it. That guy can SHOOT. He shot an aspirin out of the air! Ofcourse it may have been from 5 yards, and may have taken 100 takes, but still. That is awesome.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:51 PM

Did you see the man shoot a baloon at 100 yards.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:20 PM

i saw that aspirin shot on tv....[:-] wow
Old 03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the shots where he deflects the arrows off of boards then pop the balloons. Another way, being driven, standing in the back of a pick-up truck and picking off foam disc flung into the air.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember him shooting a clay pigeon out of the air. When it showed the shot from back a little ways, the pigeon shattered, but they showed a "close up" of the shot, and it only busted the center out of it. The shots are not always what it shows.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Dairy King

I remember him shooting a clay pigeon out of the air. When it showed the shot from back a little ways, the pigeon shattered, but they showed a "close up" of the shot, and it only busted the center out of it. The shots are not always what it shows.
Meaning what??........They are faked??

I honestly don't know what you mean........I have only seen the aspirin shot and they showed it in slow motion......it looked pretty real to me. May have been take 200 but still pretty neat.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never said they were fake. Im not totally sure what I meant, either. The guy is an awesome shot. I was just saying the shots are not exactly the same from "shot to shot". Im positive his shots are totally 100% real.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Dairy King

I never said they were fake. Im not totally sure what I meant, either. The guy is an awesome shot. I was just saying the shots are not exactly the same from "shot to shot". Im positive his shots are totally 100% real.
Maybe they just edit the stuff together.........I have never seen the shot you mentioned so I was just wondering.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
AK

Byron performed at the Baltimore Bowmen Traditional shoot (held every May) last year. He gave an impressive demonstration. He started out shooting at stationary targets from awkward angles, such as twisting 180 degrees from the waist while holding his bow sideways. Then he moved to aerial targets, which his wife threw. The first aerial targets he shot were large blocks of foam. As his show progressed, the aerials became smaller and smaller, until he was shooting washers, then an aspirin from the air. (The aspirin took 2 or 3 tries, I believe.) Here is one of his aerial shots.

Quick Reply: Met Byron Ferguson yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.