HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   matthews vs bowtech (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/93703-matthews-vs-bowtech.html)

turkeyted 03-12-2005 07:27 AM

matthews vs bowtech

Yea here we go again and let me apoligize for getting in on this so late. I don't own a matthews or bowtech but anyone comparing the two is nuts, both great bows however matthews is always the first with new technoligy thats why all others either copy them or compare their bows to them, whats the best form of flatery. I just shot a switchback and ordered one on the spot got my first robinhood on the first 6 arrows and I've been shooting bows for 25 years came mighty close before but never perfect. Right now shooting ar34 sweet shooting but not fast put an old hca perimeterweight cam from a 4runner pro on the ar and picked up 28 ft shoot them all and choose yourself

ewolf 03-12-2005 10:08 AM

RE: matthews vs bowtech

It's funny I have owned hoyts for many years, and I don't even count the number of arrows I have robin hooded anymore.;) What new technology has Matthews come out with the solo cam and par. limbs. Is that it? Matthews would be something if they would get away from only solocam bows. That is why Bowtech will be a better company. They have solo's dual's and the EBC. But I guess their advertising is working.:eek:

ash2042 03-12-2005 10:28 AM

Turkeyted, I think the two (mathews and bowtech) are being compared because they have the two popular bows out this year, the switchback and the allegience. I must admit bowtech beat mathews this year with new technology (binary cams) does that make bowtech better, I don't think so but others will disagree with me. It all comes down to personal preference. I can tell you that I am not a good enough shooter to shoot any bow to its fullest potential. Yeh I can robinhood an arrow, but I choose not to, arrows are far to expensive to shoot at the same spot.

Allegiancefreak 03-13-2005 01:09 AM

The Allegiance rocks. I shot nothe the Switchback and the Allegiance and went for the Allegiance. It's over all performance was alot better then the Switchback to me. Faster and still accurate even for a rookie like me. I have seen a couple people at the range I shoot at switch to Bowtech due to there new cams and what they can do overall.

Just my opinion but if you shoot either 1 of them you can't go wrong. But the Allegiance is still the better bow

nodog 03-13-2005 06:51 AM

Check these out. Some people say this is what bows will look like 10 years from now. They are bound to turn some heads. They will sell any proshop just one bow if they request it.
http://www.whispercreekarchery.com/bow.html

Bldhound 03-13-2005 12:00 PM

I own a Bowtech, IMO the one thing that Mathews kicks Bowtechs butt on is(this is just one of my quirks here)..............................when you buy a Mathews you get a FREE HAT, Bowtech will sell you a hat but they will not give you one. There is no better advertisement than ball caps, maybe its just my redneck nature but I havent seen to many hats that I dont like. Just my .02 worth.

zak123 03-13-2005 12:01 PM

I thought Bowtech gave you a free hat.[&:]

Kanga 03-13-2005 12:21 PM

I have got a free cap with every Bowtech I have brought as it stands now I have about 10 of them sitting in the closet;) and thats after I have given some to friends:):D

Allegiancefreak 03-14-2005 12:37 AM

I got a hat also and because I was the first Bowtech sold for I am getting a shirt also. The ro shop I go just became an authorized Bowtech dealer

reylamb 03-14-2005 07:57 AM

Exactly what technologies was Mathews the first to market with?