HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   A little miffed at NatGear. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/9333-little-miffed-natgear.html)

Mike from Texas 09-11-2002 05:53 PM

A little miffed at NatGear.

On August 10th I ordered a few things from them direct off their web site. A couple days later I received a partial (50%) shipment. My credit card statement came in the mail the other day and they had already billed me for 100% of the order! I called them up to ask when I could expect my backordered items since they had already billed me for all of the merchandise and they told me it will be some time next week before I get the rest of it. Is this common practice? This is the first time I have ever had it happen to me. Bass Pro and Cabela's always only bills you for the merchandse that is shipped.

DaveC 09-11-2002 09:47 PM

RE: A little miffed at NatGear.

No I'd say that's a little odd. Normally I'm billed as the items are shipped. Never ordered from natgear though.
I generally won't order an item on backorder anymore, too much wondering and waiting.

soarkrebel 09-11-2002 10:58 PM

I just bought some at wal mart tonight. they had a good selection . but i may have to go there website. i think it is made in little rock ark. just about 45 minutes away. they may have a store on site.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL

Deleted User 09-12-2002 06:19 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Trebark 09-12-2002 11:54 AM

Mike,
I don't think that is all that unusual. Your items that are backordered are only a week away. Had it happen many times, from a variety of companies. If they were several weeks or months away from shipping, they probably wouldn't charge you yet. I know how anxious we can get waiting on an order of "goodies" to get here, just sit tight, they'll be here before you know it!
Good luck,
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.

Mike from Texas 09-12-2002 03:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Mike,
I don't think that is all that unusual. Your items that are backordered are only a week away. Had it happen many times, from a variety of companies. If they were several weeks or months away from shipping, they probably wouldn't charge you yet. I know how anxious we can get waiting on an order of &quot;goodies&quot; to get here, just sit tight, they'll be here before you know it!
Good luck,
Trebark

Become one with nature...then grill it.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

After it gets here next week, it will be about 5 weeks not just one. This just seems like unethical business practice to me. I lik etheir camo and all, but I think I'll try to find a local dealer next time.

Alan D 09-14-2002 07:48 AM

Mike, I live in Winnipeg,Canada. The closest natgear distributer is in N.Dakota. If you have a Scheels in your area, try buying from them. I will guess that if one carries natgear they all will. Hope this helps you out. I like there product as well.
Alan D