Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How good can it get(bowtech) >

How good can it get(bowtech)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How good can it get(bowtech)

Old 03-07-2005, 07:44 AM

Default RE: How good can it get(bowtech)

I agree with KBacon. I think returning the items is the ethical and moral thing to do.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may also want to be careful that you're not charged for receiving stolen property. If you go into a store and pay that much less then retail you may not be able to conince the police that you didn't know any better.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

You may also want to be careful that you're not charged for receiving stolen property. If you go into a store and pay that much less then retail you may not be able to conince the police that you didn't know any better.
If he were the only person who purchased the items, perhaps. But because there were quite a few other customers who also purchased merchandise from the store for the same prices, and because the store owner/employees have already admitted to making a mistake, the police can't do anything about it.

If I were you, I would keep it, no questions asked. You made no mistake, it was the store owners fault.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

This practice is illegal. It's like having a relative that works in a store and when you come through the line they ring up a dollor instead of a hundred dollors. I was in a store, it was a Zayre store that has since gone out of bussisness many years ago when a casher and the person in line was arrested for this practice. The situation here sounds like a vengful act but none the less is prosacutable if intent can be proved. I personally couldn't screw the owner like that after I found what the truth was. Do the right thing.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:56 PM

is this for real? don't you think the owner would realise he had stuff missing and not the money to back the sales?

if it is for real i would bring the stuff back, it was not a mistake in any way. think of it if you where the manager and fired everyone because they where stealing from you. then in revange they sold everything dirt cheap while you where gone. costing you a lot of money.

i am sure if you bring it back he will only charge you what he paid for it orginally and he will most likely give you good deals on everything you buy from him from now on.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree I'd want no part of these employee's revenge on the shop owner ,You very well know that what you've recieved is pretty much a theft and as other's have said it would be hard for you explain that you had no idea of the value that you recieved for only 250.00.I would definetly take it back and explain to him what has happened and you wanted no part of it ,I'm sure you'll find that he's very appreciative and will definetly respect you for returning these item's.All it take's is for him to notice and call the cop's ,just maybe the guy who sold it to you, will tell him about you. Then this will make you look like you were part of it,and then you'll have no recourse and will be in as much trouble as the guy that sold it to you.
Take it back before it goes too far.Do the right thing.

nubo
Old 03-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just wanted to add something. No matter what you choose to do it may cost you. If you take it back you could be draged into some legal issues. I just don't think you should expect the owner to break out singing "For he's a jolly good fellow". It could cost you at least time and as a result lost wages.

Maybe your post should have read, "How screwed up can a golden egg get".
Old 03-07-2005, 06:07 PM

This is the first time that I have heard somebody call 'paid for merchandise' stolen. get real. Keep the goods!!