Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How good can it get(bowtech) >

How good can it get(bowtech)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How good can it get(bowtech)

Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 PM

Default How good can it get(bowtech)

How good can life get after this? Picture this in you mind.

New in the box liberty. Never shot not even one time besides factory. Still had factory shipping tape sealing box.

Set to 74#'s
Draw adjusted to 30"
Total $ 200.00

Sight Spot Hogg RealDeal
New in package
Total $ 15.00

Rest Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter
New in package
Total $15.00

Quiver Bowtech 8 two piece
Free with purchase

Arrows/Field points 125gr GT 75/95 XT's
Total $ 20.00

All the above for $250

If you own a pro shop and decide to fire all your employees on the same day don't tell them just before you leave the store to go for lunch. They were giving stuff away like this left and right. Nothing free but as you can see the prices. When I asked they said that it was a going out of business sale. I found out today what the reality was.

Perhaps I should return what I bought but it is used so how do you return used equipment?

So what would you do. You already know what I think.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How good can it get(bowtech)

Is this for real? Or is this a joke? If its for real, and if its allready paid for, and you have a receipt then I don't see how it could be your fault. I would keep it and its not like its illegal or anything. I don't know who the pro-shop owner is but he sound like a jerk and not very smart too boot. If he wants to keep any customers at all he will not go bugging any off you for his lost money. That would be very bad for bussiness in my opinion, now he might be able to sue his former employees for his lost? Also he could get introuble with Bow Tech and other manufactures if he goes back and tries to collect the correct ammount. I know a few years ago a sporting good store here in Idaho Falls miss marked most of the shotgun ammo for about 10% of what it was worth. Word got out and instead of fighting it they admited to the mistake and said that to be fair to all customers they didn't change the price on what was left on the shelves and it was going to be sold at that price until it was gone. Talk about a good business move yes they lost a lot of money on the shotgun ammo sales but they more than made up for it with bringing in new business and other sales.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 PM

Word got out and instead of fighting it they admited to the mistake and said that to be fair to all customers they didn't change the price on what was left on the shelves and it was going to be sold at that price until it was gone.
That is absurd. Why would a store willing lose money after finding a mistake? I can see sucking it up and saying "well we took it in the rear a little there" but to say "oh well" and keeping losing??? Those guys need to go back to business school.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

kodiak, I agree with what you are saying, I do know it was only limited to the stock on hand that was mismarked. It made the front page of the news paper with talking to the store owner he said they came out better and picked up quite a bit of new customers from this mistake.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:05 AM

I too have been in a similar situation. At a Dick's Sporting Goods in New Jersey one of the emplyees knew he was about to be fired so when I walked up to the counter with about $200 in fly tying materials and equipment he rung up everything for pennies on the dollar. I only spent about $25. That was many years ago and as I see it, the stores loss is my gain!! If thats the way they want to ring it up, then that is the price I pay.

OH and get this, the Dicks in Virginia Beach by the Pembroke Mall is horrible about pricing items!! But in a good way. I just purchased a Tru Ball Pro Diamond release for only $60!!!! These are normally $100+ but at the register it rang up for $59.99!! I told the salesperson behind the counter after I paid and they just said "I guess stockers aren't doing their job. Looks like you got a deal."

Hey that sounds good to me.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't say what I would do in that situation. I think if you do decide to keep the stuff that you should say nothing more about it to anyone. Justify it if you want, I might do the same if I was in your shoes, but it's not right.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:00 AM

I would take it back. I'm sure the guy would cut you some deals in the future.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

As hard as it would be I would likely bring it back. The owner might of had good reason to fire these people. In my opinion they knowingly stole profit margin which is money from the owner. I guarantee he does not make over $400.00 on a bow so they sold below cost. I consider that stealing and would not be involved with that.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 AM

If a store sells you something way under cost because they made a mistake, that is their problem. As long as you go to a store and pay money for something and get a receipt, its not stealing; the store owner is "learning the hard way".
Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

This isn't the owners mistake.. other than leaving these immoral thieves in his store. This sounds like the employees were knowingly and maliciously stealing from the company to get back at the owner. Like was said above... it is wrong and you know it. I wonder if the buyers couldn't be brought up on charges as an accessory to the theft. You should contact the owner and let him know what was taking place so the appropriate charges can be filed... and at least offer to return the items for refund.. or work something else out. It's the only honest thing to do.

Quick Reply: How good can it get(bowtech)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.