Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Whitetail Buck >

First Whitetail Buck

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Whitetail Buck

Old 03-02-2005, 04:26 PM

Default First Whitetail Buck

[webdeer.jpg][/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Default RE: First Whitetail Buck

Sorry fellas, for some reason, I keep getting an error message when trying to download my photo. the photo is the correct size, and is a jpeg. Anyone have any other problems posting pictures? And do you have any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey

I see you already know. Nice to meet ya. Hope you figure it out.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:38 PM

i'm trying to post a picture of my 10-point whitetail however I keep getting error messages. I know my file sizes are correct however, it won't work, I'm working on a Mac, I wonder if that makes a difference?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: muliemadness

i'm trying to post a picture of my 10-point whitetail however I keep getting error messages. I know my file sizes are correct however, it won't work, I'm working on a Mac, I wonder if that makes a difference?
Well In my opinion ur best bet will be to get a free account at www.Photobucket.com and post the pic there. Once u have the pic uploaded to ur account on photobucket under the pic u will see URL,TAG, and IMG. Copy and paste the IMG to the post ur making. But at the beginning it will have a what u do is erase that replace it with at the end. That should post ur picture perfectly fine. I hope u understand it if ur still having trouble post ur problem and i will try to guide u to get it fixed. But if u follow those steps there should be no problems.

Louis
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 PM

Default First Whitetail Buck

Hopefully the picture worked in this one. This is a Mississippi 10-point I took this year. My first deer taken with a bow in 6 years hunting. Finally, hard work payed off. I usally hunt in Oregon so this was my first whitetail hunt. It was quite an experience. After watching three bucks behind me I noticed that they were alert to something heading from the South into my stand. It was a doe and directly behind her was this bruiser. The doe came right into my lane and stopped, looked up at me and bounded off a couple yards before stopping again to look at the following buck. Thankfully she didn't blow. He didn't budge and kept his nose to the ground and came right into my ranged sport. He had a 21-inch inside spread, and weighed 230 on the hoof. Green score was 137 2/8 P & Y. I couldn't believe this happened on my first whitetail hunt. Definitely, a hunt I'll never forget.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM

Congrats!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Woopps, I guess the file's don't need to be as small when pulling from a server.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 PM

Forgot to mention that he had a double throat patch. Oh yeah!
Picture is of the gentleman who helped me get this guy. The place is Tara Wildlife Plantation, which is 7000 acres of bowhunting only, no high fences. Just properly managed acreage and great guides make the place one of the number one places in the country to hunt whitetails. I was a little upset that I didn't get my first deer on public land, but after 6 years of trying I can't complain. The experiences I've had since I was 12 hunting for deer will always stay with me.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a great buck, and welcome to the board.

Quick Reply: First Whitetail Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.