Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats so special about blazers??? >

whats so special about blazers???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats so special about blazers???

Old 02-26-2005, 08:29 PM

Default whats so special about blazers???

Why are these vanes such a hot item...Why are they any better than the duravanes..Thanks for the input..
Old 02-26-2005, 08:43 PM

Default RE: whats so special about blazers???

There’s a lip added for a more twist. Just like a plane; the little flap on the fletching hit by the wind makes the arrow spin more. More spin = more balance = flater shooting
Old 02-26-2005, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: amayerican

There’s a lip added for a more twist. Just like a plane; the little flap on the fletching hit by the wind makes the arrow spin more. More spin = more balance = flater shooting
That's a NAP QuickSpin you're thinking of.

I can't say much for the Blazer vanes since I haven't picked up a package yet. I plan on shooting them this summer. They're supposed to increase consistency with broadhead flight. I haven't heard any negative feedback on them though.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Does anyone use the Quickspins with a whisker biscuit and, if so, do they work ok? I assume the blazers would be fine with a wb.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:32 PM

My question is why are the blazers such a hot item...What are the advantages of them over the duravanes??
Old 02-27-2005, 07:12 AM

Blazers are a short vane that still have the ability to control a fixed blade broadhead. IMHO this gives Blazers two worthy advantages over most other vanes: 1. They are lighter, giving an arrow better FOC, and 2. Due to their short length it is easy to get total vane clearance with a shoot-thru rest.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Olink hit the nail on the head. It's not that they control arrows better than most vanes. It's that they do it with less weight, and they are very durable. I feel they are the most perfect vane for the WB rests. Quick spins do provide even more control, but they are not as durable and therefore I don't recommend them for the WB rest, unless you fletch your own and use a straight configuration.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:38 AM

Thanks olink and 5 shot..Guess I'll try some out..at worst I'll have to strip them off my arows and refletch with duravanes..[:-]Good luck hunting this year.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:18 PM

elkcf, you'll end up throwing your duravanes away as cheap pieces of junk. if you decide you do like the duravanes better i've got a lot i'll sell you real cheap.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:42 PM

I have Blazers on my 3D arrows and so far, they are shooting great. I have not tried to shoot a spot shoot with them yet but when I practice, it is pretty easy to get 5 xs. The arrows group well and are quiet. Beyond that, they seem pretty durable and are holding their shape well. I guess take your pick, they all are good vanes.

The main purpose of a vane is to create enough drag so the front of your arrow does not become the back.

Quick Reply: whats so special about blazers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.