HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Camoflauging your stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/91912-camoflauging-your-stand.html)

B-TechRapture 02-25-2005 04:05 PM

Camoflauging your stand

I am trying to find the best way to camoflauge my treestand. I am going to use a Gorilla Silverback Magnum. The tree I'm going to hunt out of is in the front edge of a clearing that has clover. I have a good back drop of thick forest to break me up but I still feel in the open. Any suggestions on how to better camo up my treestand??

bigbuck90 02-25-2005 04:19 PM

RE: Camoflauging your stand

What i do is...When i cut down the branches for my shooting lane instead of tossing them in the woods i take and weave them through my ladder and put a couple up by the seat, but not too many so they dont get in the way. Hope this helps. Unless thats a climber...in that case ur on your own. lol sorry.

BB90

zak123 02-25-2005 04:41 PM

I believe Aussie Guy posted a pic of his stand painted with the ASAT camo. If you don't mind could you post it again?

jerseyhunter 02-25-2005 04:55 PM

Unless thats a climber...in that case ur on your own. lol sorry.
I clip some branches from either shooting lanes but usually on my way in and pull them up and stick them into the holes on the platform of my climber. Also some on the backside from the cables and maybe on the sides from my back pac. Get creative.:D When I'm finished I leave them up there for next time and replace them when they no longer work or look real.

Leverdude 02-25-2005 04:56 PM

I bought a spray can each of forrest green, flat black & brown primer. Painted the whole thing with the primer, then put a bunch of green on it & hit it with the black. I think it came out well & none of the deer laughed at me. I'v used grey primer in place of the green before & it worked well especially on ladders.

nubo 02-25-2005 05:32 PM

I believe ther was a Viper X4 on here not too long ago and he had it all painted up with Olive Drab,brown,Tan andBlack camo pattern's .Maybe he'll read this and step in ,I believe he was using a Krylon paint that he picked up in Walmart. I'm thinking about doing the same on my new ViperX4 as well this summer.

nubo

RWK 02-25-2005 07:17 PM

I'm going to try something for my ground blind, after this past christmas i went out and found some imitation christmas trees,that i'll assemble on branches and surround my ground blind. I hope this will look very natural. Rich

Matt / PA 02-25-2005 08:48 PM

muzzyman88 02-25-2005 09:13 PM

I think you may have been talking about me.;)

Matt / PA 02-25-2005 09:23 PM

Hey Muzz that looks terrific.......transfers much better than trying to do ASAT on a stand.
I have the rest of mine done in a sort of hodgepodge shadow style with a lot of contrast, but yours looks reaaly good with that Predator high contrast look. Any sort fo foliage at all added there and that'd be tough to see.