Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 10 Months Enought? >

10 Months Enought?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 Months Enought?

Old 02-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default 10 Months Enought?

Hey guys i had a question. Im new to bow hunting; never have used a bow in my life. Im planning on going on a bow hunting trip in Dec. Do u guys think i can get ready for it in 10 months? As in shooting wise.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:01 PM

Default RE: 10 Months Enought?

just practice and if u feel cofident then i see no reason not to. bowhunting is way cooler then gun. Must anyone can shoot and gun good. I takes more skill with the stick thrower
Old 02-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

NewBhunter!

Absolutely ,you can be ready in 10 month's ,as long as you practice hard and often and you have the correct setup for the animal that your hunting .Practice ,practice,practice.
This is a good place to find out the thing's you need to know about your setup and your practice habbit's ,so get asking the question's .

nubo
Old 02-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

MY setup is going to be a PSE. Dont know which one yet but im thinking the Bruin. And the rest of the equipment i will decide at the bow shop but im going to get the best of all the equipment because money is not really the issue. I just dont want like a bowtech to start. i want a good beginners bow.

ORIGINAL: nubo

NewBhunter!

Absolutely ,you can be ready in 10 month's ,as long as you practice hard and often and you have the correct setup for the animal that your hunting .Practice ,practice,practice.
This is a good place to find out the thing's you need to know about your setup and your practice habbit's ,so get asking the question's .

nubo
Old 02-24-2005, 05:30 PM

pse make great bows. Thats what i started with.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

If money is not an object then by all means buy the best that you can afford. You will be better off in the long run.

Do not "settle" on a "beginners" bow. If you can afford to get a Bowtech or Hoyt, AR, high end PSE or what ever then you should definetly shoot all of those bows and decide by actually shooting and handling them. Not because you think you may not be good enough to shoot these bows.

With the higher end bows you get little up grades that many people do not realize when they go bow shopping that either improve performance or improve the durability of the bow.

Little things include Stainless steel stabilizer bushings rather threaded into an aluminum riser, machined aluminum limb pockets rather than cast, pivoting limb pockets rather than static pockets, sealed bearings in the cams and idler wheel rather tahn bushings, laminated wood grips rather than plastic, upgraded limbs, vibration deadening deviced integrated into the bow, and upgraded strings.

Just like a truck, would you settle for a bench seated, stick shift no radio work truck if you could afford a loaded deluxe model?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:22 PM

10 months is plenty enough time if you put in the time and effort. If money is not an option, I would go with a high end bow. Chances are that you are going to become addicted (like all of us) and you will probably end up buying a better bow next year anyway (I know I did). If you like PSE I would look into the Vengeance. I just got one and it is one smooth and silent piece of machinery, completely shock free. Plus it has plenty of speed. Good luck!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

im going to get the best of all the equipment because money is not really the issue.
I recommend you look at Hoyt, Mathews, Parker & BowTech. PSE does make good quality bows. My first bow was a PSE ThunderBolt. I sold that bow last year & bought a Darton Typhoon. IMHO You are better off buying a "big name" bow just to have the higher resale value. Just stay away from the "speed freak" guys for your first couple of years. I had an old bow hunter tell me that speed just makes you miss faster. Buy a good quality, smooth drawing, sweet shooting bow. Look at Easton XX-75 Game Getter arrows. You do not need high dollar arrows right off the bat. You are going to mess up a few arrows during your pratice sessions.
10-months is plenty of time. With a well tuned bow & good practice habits you will be ready in a couple of months.
Good luck,

Wolf Killer
Old 02-25-2005, 03:45 PM

I will have from The start of June to October to practice when I get my bow, do you think thats enough time to get ready for Fall Deer Season?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Absolutely. I just got into bowhuntin about 2 months ago. I've been a gun hunter, and still am, for 10 years. Bowhunting is already more exciting and challenging and I've yet to step in the woods with my bow. But I think you can be ready in 10 months. I plan to hunting in september, which will be 8 months since I got started. It just takes alot of practice, patience and most importantly knowledge of your own bow and skills. GOOD LUCK!!

Quick Reply: 10 Months Enought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.