Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Soft Or Hard Case? >

Soft Or Hard Case?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Soft Or Hard Case?

Old 02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Soft Or Hard Case?

I like the hard case. This way i don'thave to worry about it sliding around or anything.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:36 AM

I have a soft case with an exterior pocket and hard case for my arrows.

If I were to take my bow on an airplane I would without a doubt want a hardcase. The problem I have is my bow is 30"ata and there are very few cases designed this small. With a soft cast I don't take up unnecessary room in my trunk.

The most important thing IMO is that you make an effort to care for your bow. By owning a bow case (hard or soft) it demonstrated you care for your bow.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have both. Soft case for going back and forth to the range when there is nothing else in the back and a hard case for travelling and when hunting gear are being transported.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always used a hard case. I guess I figure that if you use a soft case, why use a case at all?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:15 AM

Hard case all da time. I know it's safe and sound in a hard case. But a soft case for going to the range and 3D shoots wouldn't be a bad idea. Never really thought of that.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Site Bouncer

Thanks for all of the responces.

Nothing can beat the hard case for protection, and for years I used a hard case. My problem with them is and has always been size and the space they take up. Personally I never put my bow in the back of my truck even when I used the hard case. Too many things can happen to it. It's always in the cab. The cab is much more secure than the bed, even with the best of hard covers I would worry about someone stealing it. I wouldn't put my rifle in the bed even if it was in a hard case and I won't with my bow either.

That's what got me thinking "Why do I need a hard case?" The soft case takes up much less room and I like the idea of my arrows in a separate compartment from my bow as well. I always have arrows with broad heads on them and even though it never happened, I often worried about an arrow falling out of its "slot" and cutting my string. Now I have a hard arrow box that fits into the arrow pocket on the side of the soft case.

Keep em comming!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Hard.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have a soft case and like the minimum room that it takes up. However I would get a hard case....late in the season I pulled my bow out of the case to find that my sight had broken b/c it bumped something while in the soft case!
Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 PM

i use the hard. keep it in my room and when i want to go shoot or hunt i just throw it in the back of my truck. i wouldn't do that with a soft case