Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What exactly is a CRP field? >

What exactly is a CRP field?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What exactly is a CRP field?

Old 02-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Default RE: What exactly is a CRP field?

i believe that if u have crp land u are not allowed to hunt it until the contract is up but i might be wrong?
CRP ground is perfectly legal to hunt with landowners permission.

But basically does this mean it is void of any brush or cover? Is it bowhuntable?
Established CRP has plenty of cover, tall thick grasses and possibly areas of dense brush.
I my expierance its quite tough to bowhunt in the CRP field itself as its often void of trees, but you may find pockets of timber or fencerows in or around it where you can hang a stand.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What exactly is a CRP field?

Hello All. Also note, ranchers can not graze CRP with their livestock. The government will sock it to you if you get caught. [] Scouting the property will be your best bet on finding a spot to bow hunt. Like I had said before, we have CRP fields that line right up next to our wheat fields. I have a spot that comes out of a creek that goes into CRP then into wheat fields. It is a very good location. Now this last year, we had alot of rain in west Texas. The CRP grasses and plants went crazy. They were as thick and high as I can ever remember. Some spots would have been impossible to hunt with bow or rifle. This is very unusual for west Texas, but I think it will pay off the next couple of years for the wildlife. Larry