Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for you Hoyt boys?? >

Question for you Hoyt boys??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for you Hoyt boys??

Old 02-21-2005, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Question for you Hoyt boys??

The fact that the shop had every model, and every model did it.....makes me think it is just something a Hoyt bow does.

nodog, You are right the more I listen to it, I realize it isnt much sound at all, but it is one of those things that when conditions are right and you do hear it, ya just cant get it out of your head and its sounds as loud as a gunshot. The pro shop said the same thing you did, they pointed out that lil' stopper and said that is what it is and Hoyts do that.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never noticed any noise except for an arrow going through my WB as I draw.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't pull a bow back with an arrow (only a nock) but I think an arrow on the rest would make as much noise (maybe why some don't hear it) and my hands on the grip as much. I don't see why a thin layer of some soundeadening material wouldn't stop the noise. Liquid electrical tape maybe. I doubt you'll hear it over your own heart when the time comes.

You know what this is though. The 06 model will solve this little problem and be worth at least another hundred bucks more.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:28 PM

is it a target colored bow or camo? i had a flame cybertech that made noise, but only the target colers did it, hoyts are great bows dont listen to those mathews junkies, i had a mathews that cost me a national shoot last year, my bow lost letoff in the middle of the second jewel of the national triple crown last year, got it back to my local pro shop and he measured the string it had stretched 3 inches, needless to say, i sold that bow and never looked back,
Old 02-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowhunterlimerick

is it a target colored bow or camo? i had a flame cybertech that made noise, but only the target colers did it, hoyts are great bows dont listen to those mathews junkies, i had a mathews that cost me a national shoot last year, my bow lost letoff in the middle of the second jewel of the national triple crown last year, got it back to my local pro shop and he measured the string it had stretched 3 inches, needless to say, i sold that bow and never looked back,
05 camo protec. Wow 3 inches. Good night. I don't think that's the norm though. I don't think anyone could blame you for the way you feel.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:38 AM

Good Idea, Buy the " Best " only once!
ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

rob 1 not a good idea
Old 02-22-2005, 06:07 AM

The sound could be coming from the stop on the bottom cam. If I pull hard against the back wall my string will slide off the little rubber stop and go around it. When this happens, it does make a noise. But this only happens if I pull past the back wall.

If this is what's causing you noise, maybe increasing the bow's draw length a half inch would help.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a new '05 Hoyt Vipertec myself. Haven't really noticed a noise yet. Been too busy trying to sight everything in (going peepless this year). I'll listen for it tonight.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

String stretched 3 inches!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Could you put some mole skin on the draw stop to help silence the noise?

Bowhunterlimerick, was it the bow's fault the string stretched? I would think a new quality string would have fixed your issue. Not trying to start anything, just wondering if it was a bad string or something caused by the bow itself.

Quick Reply: Question for you Hoyt boys??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.