Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shed hunting

Old 02-22-2005, 12:15 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shed hunting

We saw 27 bucks still carrying both sides this past weekend. Really is a slow drop up here this year with 7 sheds found for a total. We backed off tromping as the deer are feeding a lot during the day and we don't want to push them out of our area.

Too bad as we have had decent weather and not much snow. Finding them wouldn't be a problem if they were on the ground. The deer are in great shape so not all is bad. Should be good for some big racks next fall.

I don't think I posted this picture on here. Tyler found one side on the top set, I found the other side to a buck we now have 3 complete sets of sheds to in the last 3 years...

If you are wondering about the bottom set of sheds... he injuried the one side during antler growth. Grew normal the last two years and there is not doubt these sheds come from the same buck. Interesting part is all sheds have been found within 300 yards in the 3 years. Tyler's hoping to get a chance at him next fall with bow. The boy is in for a challenge. I passed on him 3 times when he had the messed up side but have only gotten within 70 yards of him once since then over the last 2 years. He is a smart one!! Not the biggest antler buck in my area but grosses 140 and nets 137 with a 17 inch spread. He will be 6.5 years old next fall and a buck we have had a lot of fun finding sheds and hunting over the years.

Tim
Old 02-22-2005, 12:36 PM

Default RE: shed hunting

I have found one shed...it was a nice spike.