HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Charles Alsheimer's 2005 rut predictions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/91127-charles-alsheimers-2005-rut-predictions.html)

Rickmur 02-19-2005 01:29 PM

Charles Alsheimer's 2005 rut predictions

Just received my 2005 calender from Deer & Deer Hunting magizine. This calender is put together by Charles Alsheimer. I really don't plan my vacation by this calender as I always take at least the first two weeks of Nov anyway but this year he is predicting the rut to start with the seeking phase on Nov 10th and chashing to start on Nov 15th and actual breeding to take place starting Nov 17th. Last year he had it at Oct 25 for the seek....Nov 1 for the chash....and Nov 9th for the breeding to start. With the peek of the rut beginning with the seeking phase he has it peeking 17 days later this year. Had I had the calender when I submitted my vac time I would have STILL taken the first two week of Nov anyway. Will be interesting to compare his last year's predictions with this years.

buckeye 02-19-2005 02:09 PM

RE: Charles Alsheimer's 2005 rut predictions

If these dates for 05 hold true I bet there won't be near as many big bucks taken by archery gear this year.

Most of the fair weather hunters give up by the time the 2nd week of Nov comes around.

I like you take note and read the predictions but I hold little stock in them.

MO_Bowhnter 02-19-2005 06:42 PM

Yes, if he's right...from Nov. 10 to Nov. 17 will be during rifle season.[:@] There will be a lot of big deer killed but they will be smokepole'd.

Washington Hunter 02-19-2005 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

If these dates for 05 hold true I bet there won't be near as many big bucks taken by archery gear this year.

Most of the fair weather hunters give up by the time the 2nd week of Nov comes around.

I like you take note and read the predictions but I hold little stock in them.
Shoot, that's perfect timing for me. Our late archery season opens in Mid-November and runs to Mid-December. :D

whitetails & muskies 02-19-2005 09:15 PM

All I can say is that in far northern WI, the 9th, 10th and 11th of November have no doubt, hands down, been the best times for seeing buck going gonzo. Maybe a day or two on either side of these days, but within that time frame, I will be in the woods no matter what!!

Personally, I don't follow alot of what is written in many magazines. Way too general. Like I said above, this time frame is like clockwork in my area, although not too far away, it may be different.

Allseasonhunter7 02-19-2005 09:41 PM

guess well have to scout harder and hunt longer

Allseasonhunter7 02-19-2005 09:44 PM

buckeye he came to my town last year said its coming early and comingh quick and before the month of bow season it was over
but your right
what exactly is he ne way cuz thats what i think im gonna go to school for when im older

johnch 02-20-2005 04:29 AM

Sounds about right for Ohio.
With the new moon in the last week of the week of Nov.
This year the rut should hit my vacation .
It will also be still in for Ohio's gun hunting week

dws 02-20-2005 05:14 AM

Anybody know what method he uses to predict? Weather or moon phases or something like that?

newman1 02-20-2005 06:03 AM

All i know is that i better see MORE action during the rut this year!!Last year it was kind of lame[:'(][:'(][:'(]