HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   does anyone shot the org. strings on your bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/91101-does-anyone-shot-org-strings-your-bow.html)

huntnbuddy 02-19-2005 07:43 AM

does anyone shot the org. strings on your bow

I've always shot org. strings,is it better to upgrade?

moose1915 02-19-2005 07:47 AM

RE: does anyone shot the org. strings on your bow

the deer in my freezer dont seem to care much one way or the other. do what makes you happy!

duramaxlt 02-19-2005 08:37 AM

i've never changed a string without using it up.

killer243 02-19-2005 08:38 AM

i never change them until they need to be changed

BGfisher 02-19-2005 01:20 PM

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. If you want better performance out of your bow and consistency over time then try one from Prostrings. Prestretched with whatever material you want, whatever color (s), better servings. Once broken in there is no peep rotation so you can get rid of the rubber tube. And Prostrings don't cost much more than replacements off the rack.

Most manufacturers get string made to get a bow to market. The custom jobs are the ones that make them work right. And noone can dispute it rationally unless they've tried one.

Jollyarcher 02-19-2005 02:09 PM

Todays strings are, for the most part, a very good quality. I've seen no need to change the string or cable right out of the box. Use what you have for a season or two and then look to a quality replacement. Personally, I'll make my own when the stock offerings are spent... but that's just me. ;)

huntnbuddy 02-19-2005 05:10 PM

thanks for the info. I have had no problem with my 03 hoyt, I'll leave them for now.

WalMart 02-20-2005 11:44 AM

Yep, I shoot the string that came with the bow....I only changed it after some wear was starting to show.

hockeyhead 02-20-2005 03:47 PM

You know it, that would be like buying a new car and putting different tires on it. Strings don't make a difference, how you shoot your bow does.

Rick James 02-20-2005 04:16 PM

I typically shoot the same string for one year, and then change it. That goes for the stock string as well. I just bought an 04 patriot and it was way out of spec and the string was stretched by almost an inch. It was replaced with one of the new Vapor Trail VTX.