HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I'm throwing my Switchback in the Garbage (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/91019-im-throwing-my-switchback-garbage.html)

deer-hunter18 02-18-2005 12:55 PM

I'm throwing my Switchback in the Garbage

Man i just hate this bow. It makes me sick i can put 5 arrows in a group the size of a quarter at 20 yrds [:-]. This bow is freakin amazing, i have never shot anything like it. In the groups i am shooting all the shafts are touching and create a circle. It is going to cost me money with all the damaged arrows:D. I don't care it is well worth it.

IL-Cornfed 02-18-2005 01:06 PM

RE: I'm throwing my Switchback in the Garbage

Sounds like a serious problem to me! I need an extra, I'll give ya $200 for it anytime! ;):D

deer-hunter18 02-18-2005 01:07 PM

ill think about it and get back to ya.;)

IL-Cornfed 02-18-2005 01:29 PM

I won't hold my breath!!! :D All kidding aside, that Switchback is an awesome bow and it seems that MNAY folks I know in my area are grabbing them up! I have seriously seen many of these guys shoot better groups than they EVER have in their lives.... this tells me the bow must truly be engineered to be a true performer. I think I have found my new favortie bow! I love it! Just curious, what accessories are you using in your rig??? It seems that everyone know is putting either the TR DZ or the MZE of them for rests but we are all still looking for the best feeling stabilizer. These guys on this board just about have me convinced to try the 6" Stealth???

deer-hunter18 02-18-2005 01:36 PM

Well first of all i put a Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix 5 pin sight, and Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest, and an Alpine Archery quiver. I have never shot with a stablelizer so i didn't buy one. Do you think i should try one, and what kind would you recomend?

Also I'm shooting Axis 400 arrows and i'm afraid they are under spined. What do you think for the arrows?

deer-hunter18 02-18-2005 01:38 PM

Hey IL-cornfed, were at in IL are you located? Just wondering because there is a Fulton IL not to far from where i bought my SB, it is called the archery den. It is located in western IL.

4wheeldrive 02-18-2005 01:53 PM

ill give ya 201

Washington Hunter 02-18-2005 02:25 PM

Man, I wish I had that problem. At 20 yards with my Martin I can't shoot more than one arrow at any given spot on the target. If I do I'm tearing up the fletching and busting the nocks. A quarter? Whoo boy, I wish.

:D;)

IL-Cornfed 02-18-2005 02:30 PM

Man, sounds like you have an awesome rig then! I would certainly try some stabilizers though. I believe every quality hunting rig should be wearing a stabilizer..... it WILL help and improve the rig! I live in Fulton county, I'm about 30 miles south of Galesburg or about 30 miles SW or Peoria. Small town farm communities are spread around everywhere in this area. Best price for any shop within a reasonable drive is Willo B Sports in Princeton, the SB is bringing $620 there.

illbowhunter 02-18-2005 03:34 PM

I have been shooting a Hoyt for several years but where I shoot league they sell Mthws and several of them are shooting the Switchback and kicking my butt. May have to think about switching brands. :eek: A buddy let me shoot his Sback and I fell in love with it. I have never felt something that sweet since my honeymoon.

Hey Cornfed. I live in TG so you must not be to far from me.