Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

treestand bow?

Old 02-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default treestand bow?

looking for a great treestand bow. ive been curious about the hickory creek bows.http://websearch.cs.com/cs/boomframe...drawloc.com%2F i have a ive been using a jennings buckmaster for the last 6 seasons and im getting an itch to look at something new. as far as super short forgiving treestand type bows what else is there i should take a look at?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: treestand bow?

Check out the Bowtech Mighty Mite. Awsome little treestand bow.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:00 AM

I shot the Hickory Creek at the ATA Show. It surprised the heck out me! Very smooth and fast with no shock. I wish I could have had mere time to play with it. Seems pricey but it certainly fills a niche.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:13 AM

I shoot a 62" treestand bow, works quite well.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never understood the reasoning for needing a short bow when hunting from a treestand. I use one with a bar around it and have taken some tight shots to the tree and have never came close to encountering a problem.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I never understood the reasoning for needing a short bow when hunting from a treestand. I use one with a bar around it and have taken some tight shots to the tree and have never came close to encountering a problem.

It only takes one time of your bottom limb hitting your stand to blow a shot at a nice buck,then it makes all the diff.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Try shooting from the seated position and swing at full draw from full left to full right. If you've got a long ATA bow it's next to impossible. I'll be hunting with a Switchback 33" ATA. Should be alot easier than your longer bows.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

most of my ladder stands are set up to shoot sitting down. meaning the way the trails come through my areas. i hit my leg once this year not paying attention. also i leave most of the limbs intact around the platforms. youd have to see it believe it. just one less thing to worry about. my bow is 36" and i alsways thought that was short till i seen the mathews and hickory creeks.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

It only takes one time of your bottom limb hitting your stand to blow a shot at a nice buck,then it makes all the diff.
Well it happened to me last year up in my "Goliath",,ten minutes before i could see my pins that morning i heard elk moving to the left of me about 20 yds. away,,i started to get up to get into a position to get all set as quiet as i could and my limbs on my 47 ata hit the rail,,well,,you can guess the rest.