Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who uses bitzenburger fletching tool >

who uses bitzenburger fletching tool

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who uses bitzenburger fletching tool

Old 02-16-2005, 04:51 PM

Default RE: who uses bitzenburger fletching tool

Just did my first arrow using vanes. Once you have the jig set it is easy as pie. One hint, do not use a lot of glue, the magnet will hold it tight and press out the excess.

Trying feathers now. I will even try splicing different colors ( that is why I bought this jig ).
Old 02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Before I bought mine, I requested some info just as you have. I remember one quote in particular from a fellow board member: "It's the cadillac of fletching jigs." He was absolutely right.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

the bitz is the best.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

O.k..so what your saying is I can order the tool and one single fletching clamp,and make adjustments on the tool to get what ofset I want..when I order I just need to specify right or left????
That's almost correct.

Here's everything you need to know about the Blitz.

The jig is the same now and does not change with the different clamps. It has all the necessary adjustments built right into it. You will need to adjust it so that you will get 100% contact from the vane with the shaft. There are two adjustments, one for the front of the clamp and one for the rear of the clamp. These adjustments will change depending on the outside diameter of the shaft you are fletching. Once you start playing with it you will notice that there will be a "sweet spot" in the adjustments for a particular diameter shaft.

The jig is also adjustable at the nock receiver to fletch either 3 fletch 120 degrees, 4 fletch 75X105 degrees, or 4 fletch 90 degrees. Simply unscrew one set screw and tighten another one.

The clamps are different from each other. They come in left helical, right helical or straight. The helical clamps are curved on the bottom so that they will apply a fletch around the diameter of the shaft and get 100% contact. You can not apply a straight fletch with a helical clamp. If you try it will only make contact with the ends of the fletching.

The straight clamp is exactly that. It will apply a fletch up to about 4 or 5 degrees of offset. Once you go past 4 or 5 degrees the curving of the shaft becomes to great to get good vane contact. You must use a helical clamp because the vane will not make contact with the shaft near the ends of the fletch.

I hope this isn't too confusing. It is actually pretty simple. I just didn't want you to get a helical clamp if you want to do a straight offset fletch job or a straight clamp if you want helical fletched arrows.

The jig will come with what ever clamp you choose. You do not have to buy them seaperately the first time. Only of you want extra clamps.