Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pen from an arrow >

Pen from an arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pen from an arrow

Old 02-13-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Pen from an arrow

Hey guys,

Just thought you might be interested in a pen, made from an arrow. It is a fully working pen made from an Easton arrow. I have been making these for about a year now. They are a huge hit with the other hunters. I started out making them, because I had a few bent and damaged arrows from my bow hunting. Now I get orders for them about every week from a hunter or a friend of a hunter. Most hunters really love them. I have one at my desk and get compliments on it all the time.

So the moral is, don't throw away your arrows, someone may be interested in them

Old 02-13-2005, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Pen from an arrow

I LIKE THIS IDEAL SOUNDS REALY COOL.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

So what did ya just join to push your pens, take it to the classifieds!!! Nice try!
Old 02-13-2005, 03:12 PM

i like it..

how did you make it.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I thought you were trying to sell them, my bad!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:12 PM

In the interest of being totally open, yes I did post these in the classifieds for sale as well. However, this post is not inteded as a selling post. Those that want to make the pens, feel free to, this is not my own idea, but I have not seen it that often.

These are made using kits that are sold as woodworking kits. Turners, like myself turn wooden pens and pencils. The kit consists of a cap and clip, two brass tubes, the pen or pencil refill and the tip. To make these, cut the arrow to the propper length and then glue in the brass tubes. Wait overnight, and then assemble the pens. Often times the lathe is needed to turn down one of the parts to fit. Each pen is different and takes a different technique. Each pen takes me at least a 1/2 hour to build, if all goes well.

I am a hunter so that is what I joined the site for. Thought some of those that are out here, that are woodworkers, or know woodworkers, would like a pen for cheap.

It is really neat to have a pen, made from an arrow that you got a deer with.

Jeff
Old 02-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Jeff, like I said my bad. Nor for nothing I do like the pens! This is a great site and alot of good people, welcome aboard!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome! It looks like a great place
Old 02-13-2005, 06:57 PM

Sounds like a nice idea for keepsake arrows. Like one that you shot your first deer with, or an arrow that a loved one shot a memorable hunt with...pretty cool!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks cool. I'll have to look into the kits.

Quick Reply: Pen from an arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.