Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 where should i go?????? >

where should i go??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where should i go??????

Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default where should i go??????

i have never hunted out of state before would very much like to. I just finished my second year of bowhunting so when choosing place to hunt, i would obviously love to get a crack at a large deer, but most importantly, i would like to see lots of action each day. For this reason, friends have told me that texas is the place to go. My question is, are there any ranches down there where you can hunt and just pay a flat fee to hunt on or do you have to deal with trophy fees while there. The one thing i dont want to have to deal with while hunting is have a good deer walk by in range and then not bee able to take it cause its too big and too expensive. Can anyone give me some advise, im trying to plan next years trip in well in advance, and seeing lots of bucks a day would not only give me a better shot at a good deer, but would also teach me alot. If not texas where else would you guys suggest for what im looking for. Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Default RE: where should i go??????

i live in ohio and we produce just about the biggest bucks in history here. dont know much about ranches but u could do a search
Old 02-10-2005, 03:48 PM

This is one that found, http://www.huntingleases.us/
Old 02-10-2005, 03:59 PM

They say Montana is a blast. You will see tons of deer each hunt.

If you go to Texas you will be hunting in a tripod looking over a corn pile.

Illinois is always a sure bet on seeing plenty of action.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

There is plenty of public land here in Illinois,but the deer are pretty small and there arent many around,but you may get lucky and find a decent public land spotCheck the IDNR's web site you will find a wealth of info there.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

If you want lots of action...at reasonable cost and want it all set up I'd look at some place like Terra in Miss. or some place like that. Large bag limits etc. Texas is just plain expensive to get on a ranch with the type deer you're looking for. If you don't mind just a few deer but BIG, then you're looking at Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas etc. Any of the outfitted deals in any place other than Texas will set you back anywhere from $2000-4000 for a week. Texas is just TOO pricy to enjoy hunting to me, but then, I've never paid to hunt anywhere.[&:]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Arkansas might also be a good bet,for seeing lots of deer and generous bag limits too.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:55 PM

I'd shy away from Illinois!(no big deer here)
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 PM

I agree no big deer in illinios, field dressed one this year at 247lb.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

definately dont come here to illinois for deer. none what so ever. if u should decide to come here there is this area known as pike county. it might hold a couple of does if you're lucky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.