HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First Pig Hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/89577-first-pig-hunt.html)

Humboldt 02-07-2005 10:09 AM

First Pig Hunt

I went on my first pig hunt this last weekend. It was a last minute deal where a friend of mine sold his truck for cash and a couple of pig hunts. I'd been avoiding this all my life and was going on and on about how lame pig hunting is and I how I'd have a hard time getting fired up about it. Well nevermind the bulls--t, I had fantastic time. I guess deep down I knew if I did it that I'd be hooked and that is in fact the case. I've never been on a hunt that I didn't make an enjoyable time of so I don't know why I thought this would be any different. We stuck two and everyone had action so now I know what I'll be doing each year after duck season. Rifle hunting them wouldn't be near as exciting as the stalk and stick method, but it would defintely produce a lot of bacon.

I know you guys and gals know all this already, but I had a great time and I just wanted to share it with someone.

Boldt

Stone316_74 02-07-2005 10:27 AM

RE: First Pig Hunt

Glad to hear you had a good time. To me any kind of hunting is priceless. Just being out in mother natures back yard does it for me. Being able to harvest any sort of animal is a bonus.

cardeer 02-07-2005 10:33 AM

where a friend of mine sold his truck for cash and a couple of pig hunts. I'd been avoiding this all my life and was
Now there is a real hunter ,Sells his truck to hunt instead of being henpecked and made to take wifey on a vacation to some stupid Island

BobCo19-65 02-07-2005 10:35 AM

Now there is a real hunter ,Sells his truck to hunt instead of being henpecked and made to take wifey on a vacation to some stupid Island

LOL:D:D:D

Stone316_74 02-07-2005 10:46 AM

Somebody make sure my wifey doesn't see this one. Thats probably the best quote I've ever seen.

nubo 02-07-2005 10:49 AM

Sometime's that's all it take's is to try it just once and your hooked ,alot like bowhunting .
Glad to hear you had a good time ,but you forgot to say whether any pig's were in the freezer.

nubo

Humboldt 02-07-2005 10:34 PM

Just so there's no confusion, we harvested two pigs and I don't mean to burst anyones bubble, but my buddy had to sell 04 F250 to help fund his divorce. The bright side was definitely the pig hunt.

Boldt

idahoelkinstructor 02-08-2005 01:08 AM

Cardeer LOL thats a good one!

drstalker 02-08-2005 04:26 AM

Yeah Hog hunting is a hoot!I went two years ago for the first time,with a bunch from another archery forum,,and will be going again this June.It can get really intense,and you can get some good excersize in.Matter of fact yesterday I just sent in my deposit to hunt this june,I can't wait.

Tarheel_Hunter 02-08-2005 05:38 PM

Goin' this weekend for the first time ever.
Got the right scent-killer, got my new Switchback.
No excuses....lots of barbecue!!
Cheers!