Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you practice? >

Where do you practice?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you practice?

Old 02-06-2005, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Where do you practice?

I shoot in my backyard. My grandson & I were out in the snow yesterday. Both of us were shooting. He gets me out alot.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
dws

I usually shoot in the backyard or one of my treestands. Sometimes if I have a few friends over we will pen up the horses and open the hayloft doors and shoot from there. Then we have my 6 and 8 year old boys fetch the arrows, move the targets and bring up cold ones from the fridge downstairs. If we all give them a dollar or two they are glad to work as long as we shoot, then its their turn with their little recurves.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:30 PM

I primarily shoot in my back yard. The local proshop has the DART video shooting system that I will sometimes shoot at. Man that thing is addictive.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:07 PM

I used to shot in my backyard until I tried a "Hail Mary" and missed the bag. I figure the neighbor behind me was pretty pissed when he ran over that carbon arrow with his mower.

I joined a archery club that I shoot at now. Its about 5 miles down the road. I'm pretty lucky because the club is really nice, indoor lanes, outdoor range, and a 3d course well worth the $100 a year + work hours.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

I am lucky to have a pro shop near by, with an indoor range. I site my bow in at the first sign of spring, get everything fine tuned and then practice in my driveway and shoot into my garage. (Only two misses in four years into the wall.) I can get up to about 35 yards without scaring the neighbors too much.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:27 AM

I have the luxury of a lot of shooting areas from my 80 yard backyard range to the beach then up to 8000' elevation hills. I used to be a lot better at judging yardage before lasers. Every year we tune up for deer season at the beach and only use are rangefinders for verification. The sand is easy on broadheads and with the dunes and vegetation, it makes for the ultimate trail walk. The best part about the beach is learning to judge the wind. We get every variation and with my bow sighted in at sea level, I merely back the poundage of slightly as I rise in elevation and my bow stays perfectly sighted without having to mess with my pins. I picked up that pointer from a forum just like this. I guess I've got it pretty good after all.

Boldt
Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

In the backyard at 25yds. I shoot from driveway to back corner of my yard. I kind of live in a small outskirt of our main city. However, I can also go down to our indoor club and shoot. I like to shoot outdoors though. It just resembles the atmosphere of hunting type shooting conditions vs. indoors.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:40 PM

15 minutes away from my house at a friends house. he lives in the middle of a 80 acre almond orchard. great for practice, shoot as far as i want and nothing to hurt or destroy!!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:16 PM

I can shoot up to 100 yds. in my backyard. At my friends, we setup a 5 target 3d course in the woods.