Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tell me what you think of this buck (picture) please >

tell me what you think of this buck (picture) please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tell me what you think of this buck (picture) please

Old 02-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Default RE: tell me what you think of this buck (picture) please

Outstanding looking buck! Definitely a shooter!!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:32 AM

The brow tine is broken - its has to be a late fall picture because he likley broke it fighting.
Also, a rutting buck would likely not be coming to a corn pile, another reason to suspect late season picture.
This picture was only sent recently, had it been taken early on the guy would have sent it early on I believe.
I think this field is a winter crop that was planted late fall. My area had lots of rain and warm weather in December/January

I'm going to say this buck is 4.5 year old, the picture was taken on the 5th of January over a harvested and replanted crop field about 4/5 miles from my house. The guy likely threw corn out for the deer to help them make it through the winter months. We had an ice storm recently - about the 5th of January. He's a dandy buck, and is likely a 160" class fellow with character, tine length and mass. He'll be a terrific deer next fall for certain.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take him!!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

FREAK!
I'd say 4 & 1/2 and a score in the high 140s to low 150s
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

That is an amazing buck, especially from public land you said? Like a WMA? If so, I can't believe it, unless you live in like IL or KS or something! No, there are some big bucks out there on public land if you can find 'em. Is that on a food plot or like a farm crop field?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:33 PM

Datamax, I'd be guessing but I think it is 21:30 meaning 9:30PM. And th 5 could be anything from the picture number to the month or day???

I think it is a southwestern deer. Smaller body but nicely developed rack. It appears to be some type of cactus in the photo near what may be corn or feed from a mechanical feeder. Also look at the ground. It appears to be sandy with just the seeded plants, no weeds and very flat, not earthy. Comon in Texas and the southwest.

The buck has a little sag under the neck so he's not real young. That does not appear until a buck is at least 3.5 but that could look like more than what it is due to the shadow created by the flash.

Score? Just a WAG, 145, only because I think the deer is smaller and therfore the rack spread is not as great as it appears.
What do I win
Old 02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hard to tell what size it is from the picture but it looks like one of those pigmy deer from Quantico Va. Big racks tiny bodies. At 100lb. this deer would be a monster there.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I'd put him at 4.5 and 150-160. Make an excellent trophy.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

I see a lot of replies have this guy pegged at 4 1/2 years old. My first impression - and it hasn't changed - is that he would be around 6 1/2. He just looks too large, too massive, and too junky to me to be a couple years younger than that. So that's where I'm setting my vote.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:42 PM

ok data, that sig is pretty bad too. You into expressive dancing or something? How about this one?

Quick Reply: tell me what you think of this buck (picture) please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.