Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pro shop dropping bowtech >

pro shop dropping bowtech

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pro shop dropping bowtech

Old 01-29-2005, 01:37 PM

Default pro shop dropping bowtech

I called a pro shop in my area to find out what price they had on the switchback and the allegiance, after asking about the switchback, I asked if he had a bowtech allegiance in stock and he said no. I then asked if he could order me one and he said he was dropping the bowtech line. My question is why would a shop owner just drop a bow line, do they have to pay to carry them? Just wondering, I am sad to say that it doesn't look like I 'll be getting a bowtech.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Default RE: pro shop dropping bowtech

Sometimes shop owners just sell one brand better than the other, sometimes owners don't "like" a line after carrying it for a while and have a hard time selling it. If you don't like a product it becomes harder to sell when you would rather sell something else. I know shops that have given up on Mathews, ones that have given up Hoyt and other bowlines. One shop I know drop a line because he got tired of being put on hold for 30 minutes everytime he called.

The other possibility I have heard of is one company putting pressure on a store to drop a line or they will drop the store. Have heard of this happening once and the guy dropped the pressuring company because he sold more of the other bow. Was the shop owner telling me the truth or just trying to make company X look bad? I don't know...
Old 01-29-2005, 03:40 PM

if i was u i would just ask the seller
Old 01-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

He's probably dropping the Bowtech line because he knows.........................
Old 01-29-2005, 05:25 PM

I guess what I can't understand is why drop the line of bows if it doesn't cost you anything to keep them. That way if I come in and have my heart set on a bowtech the guy can make a sale, regardless if he likes that particular bow company or not. I am not in the business, obviously, but maybe someone on here who is could shed some light on this subject for me. This just bothers me, because as I said before the shop I called had a very good chance of selling me a bowtech, and he responded by saying I am thinking of dropping that line. If it was me I would have said give me a deposit and I'll order it.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could it be BowTech dropped him?
Old 01-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously certain manufacturers do better in different regions. For instance nearly everyone has dropped BowTech in my area! An example, one shop only sold 2 BowTechs all last year! Mathews and Hoyt are just smashing them in this area. In fact, I think I've only seen a couple of BowTechs at any of our local 3Ds and they were the cheapy Tomcat packages or something like that??? [&:]
Old 01-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could it be BowTech dropped him?
There are many reasons why business partnerships come to an end. Botech may have dropped that dealer if he does not pay his bills on time, but if thats the case then so will most of his other suppliers. Sometimes it can be something as simple as the shop owner does not get along with his Bowtech rep. No reflection on the product at all, likely just the relationship between the shop and the supplier. I would not not pass on the Bowtech if you want one, just find the next closest dealer.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

They all have some kind of deal, well maybe not all. Parker bows don't require a dealer to buy so many bows but many do and then you know who gets stuck with last years model. I've read where some of the people here are waiting for Bowtech's and I've heard Matthew's does the same, what a load. They could have them ready to go but they don't. I think the manufactures are responsible and that puts the pro shop in the middle. I wonder how many sales this guy has lost because he doesn't have the product to sell. Many of them have territories and they guarantee a dealer a certain coverage area. I know one shop that got dumped on by Matthew's allowing another shop in his area to sell their bows. I could go on but one of the things that bugs me is the way we support these companies by cutting down other shooters equipment. Those guys must just eat this stuff up with a ladle. There's a lot of good bows out there and if it wasn't for us they wouldn't be around. I am one guy who intends on making manufactures understand that fact.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:08 PM

I dont know wxactly how expensive Bowtechs are but if he wasnt moving them as fast as he wanted because of lack of demand then the smart idea would be to drop them and pick up more of what he is selling well. Its all about making a profit for small business owners, and Bowtech just wasnt doin it for him probably.

Quick Reply: pro shop dropping bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.