Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pro shop dropping bowtech >

pro shop dropping bowtech

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pro shop dropping bowtech

Old 01-30-2005, 01:33 PM

Default RE: pro shop dropping bowtech

Having to put his money up front first might have been the reason...............Most shops cant afford to buy a bunch of bows to sell and comp their money.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

My bowshop carries most major brands (Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, etc.)...but they tell me they are VERY FRUSTRATED with Bowtech because....according to them...it takes "FOREVER" for them to get any response and/or information from Bowtech (ie. specs/pricing on new products, etc.)

He told me it took him saying, "get me the information tomorrow or I'll quit carrying Bowtech" to get the data he needed to market/sell the new line.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Tarheel which shop do you use? i was just wondering.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
dws

Most people that run any type of business are in it for a profit. Although there are a few that don't need money and do it for a hobby. I'm guessing this guy is not one of the few. The more bows he buys from one company the better his price break is. If he only sold a small number from every company he would not get a low enough price to stay competetive. Also the better customer he is, the better customer service he gets. Which in turn means better service for you. It's his business and his money that's invested and tied up.All we can do as consumers is decide whether to buy whats available or shop somewhere else.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Fieldmouse,
All due respect, but why do you ask? I don't want to go getting my beloved local bowshop in trouble (screw Dicks, WallMart, etc.!!!!!).
They're definitely Bowtech fans...just a bit frustrated w/the 2005 data/info.
Again - all due respect.....
Old 01-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Just pm me then. I'm only interested for my own info of shops in my area. I used Alamance Archery last and had a great expirience with them. I've been to a few others but I'm always looking.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Here is my take on the whole issue: I can believe the smaller guys in buisness may not have the money to keep up with that many top of the line bows, but this guy I am talking about is trying to be one of the big dealers. He just can't keep from pushing what he likes.

The best proshop I have been to was Summit Archery in just outside of St.Lous. This was back in the late 1980's or the early 1990's. This guy carried all the maojor brands and pushed all the bows he sold.We are talking PSE , Jennings ( when they were top of the line), Martin, High Country, ...Etc. Pre Mathews and Bowtech Days. All of his employees were trand on all the brands he carried and when you came in to try out bows whoever you worked with in the shop suggested you try out all of the lines side by side and make you desision yourself. Although all of the pros had there preference they did not push any one make or model and in my opinion if you are going to be succsessful in selling multiple lines of bows that is what you need to do. That is what makes your profits.

The guy I am tlking is pushing what he likes and telling people that evrything else in infeeror to that and that is why he is not selling them.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could it be BowTech dropped him?
That would be my guess! The guy probably couldn't even come close to matching another dealers sales within his territory so they dumped him.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 AM

I know of one shop here that says Bowtech makes him carry ALOT of inventory. He has a hard time selling any of it, but to keep the relationship he mush carry X number of bows.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see that some are getting the impression that there is some bow bashing here. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any, JUST the fact that many mentioon that the BowTechs simply do NOT sell in their respective areas??? It's NO fault of any of these area dealers simply the lack of demand! I'm not saying that PSE, Martin, Darton, etc, etc., doesn't make a good product..... only thatr it seesm in this area everyone who walks into a Shop either wants to shoot the Hoyts OR the Mathews. No dissrespect to any other makes and models of course.

Quick Reply: pro shop dropping bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.