Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 pro shop dropping bowtech >

pro shop dropping bowtech

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pro shop dropping bowtech

Old 01-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pro shop dropping bowtech

Quite often a dealer will drop a less productive line or that manuracturers customer service is slow or calls are not returned. This angers the customer and the dealers reputation. It's better to drop a line than lose your customers.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:13 PM

I wonder how many sales this guy has lost because he doesn't have the product to sell.
Yeap, I bought/ordered a Protec. Had it in 4 days, lets see bowtech do that. I have a constitution on the way, I hope to have it by May.[&:]
Old 01-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

We have a shop that brought in Bowtech a year ago when he had quite a few customers wanting bow techs. He isw a Mathews shooter and that is what he pushes. So now that he doesn't have people coming in wanting specifically Bowtech he is not pushing to sell them. He now says bowtechs don't sell and he is getting rid of the line. He should have never brought bowtech in if he wasn't going to push it. When he tries to seel a bow to someone with no experience, he will show them Mathews, then Hoyt, and then only if someone asked about the "other" bows would he even pull out out a bowtech.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:22 AM

I sure haven't seen a slow down in Bowtech sells in my area, there are many reasons a shop might not carry them. I would just go to a different shop or buy it on line and be done with it.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not alway's does the problem lie with the shop owners and the company ,sometime's they may change destributor's and these destributor's might not carry these line's which make it just too difficult get these specific lines of bow's . sometime's it also is very hard to sell 2 top line bow's as others have said here ,When the shop owner push's Mathew's he also has another top line bow as Bowtech which isn't selling and the cost of these bow's to be sitting around could be very expensive for a shop to have sitting around and not selling.

nubo
Old 01-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite often a dealer will drop a less productive line or that manuracturers customer service is slow or calls are not returned. This angers the customer and the dealers reputation. It's better to drop a line than lose your customers.
You haven't been talking to my shop have you!!

Slobbyrobby, your reply also describes the way my shop pushes bows.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Instead of all of this bashing and speculating why don't you just call him back and ask?

BowTech Hoyt and Mathews reputation sell bows on their own in many cases. I find it hard to believe that any shop would have any trouble selling any of these 3's bows.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Justin!

I don't think that it's a fact of having trouble selling them ,but just the fact that he's pushing very hard to sell his Mathew's line first.

nubo
Old 01-30-2005, 09:13 AM

In addition to what moves in a specific area I am sure profit margin comes into play. Volume often dictates profit. If you sell one line and only sell 100 bows at say a $50 profit per bow you get $5,000. If you sell 200 bows at $35 profit per bow you get $7,000. I'd sell the 200. Yeah alittle more effort but more money for the shop. Now I am sure profit margin goes up based on overall volume as the mfr most likely gives better pricing to a shop that does more volume in it's respective line. Better priceing = better profits.

As others have said it could be a host of issues from poor relationship with the local rep to not having tried Bowtech enough to comfortably sell multiple top end bows to bowtech actually dropping the shop. Plenty of other dealers I am sure will be happy to sell or order you a Bowtech if that is what you want. Come out and ask the shop directly why they are dropping Bowtech. Perhaps they have had some issues that may effect you as a buyer and your choice of which bow to purchase. Regardless of which manufacturer you choose to go with, whatever bow feels the best and shoots accurate is the bow for you regardless of the name on the bow. To many folks in life are brand loyal and miss out on quality items because they lacked a specific name tag. All of the big players make great products you can feel good about.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:22 PM

You never know,

Maybe he was not a good paying customer and Bowtech dropped him? You really never know , and don't expect the whole truth if you ask him either. I would just forget about it and find a bowtech elsewhere or buy a hoyt or something. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: pro shop dropping bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.