HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   any problems with noise using the hunter series trophyridge drop away (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/88047-any-problems-noise-using-hunter-series-trophyridge-drop-away.html)

elkcrazedfrk 01-26-2005 01:28 PM

any problems with noise using the hunter series trophyridge drop away

Has anyone put the trophyridge hunter series drop away on there bow? This model has no dampeners on it.. Is it quiet or noisy???If there is some noise,does anyone know how to remedy this??? I hate noise.. I've seen more than one critter duck the arrow because of noise:(

IL-Cornfed 01-26-2005 01:59 PM

RE: any problems with noise using the hunter series trophyridge drop away

NO noise, just rock solid bomb proof performence! An excellent product. I have Ortiginal DZs, Guide Series DZs and Hunter models DZs and actually it's the Hunter series that get my vote for my fav! Here my Xtec set up and I will also be putting one whenever I get my Switchback.

adams 01-26-2005 02:00 PM

I havent used a hunter series but the guide series I have has little in the way of noise reduction. It dose have a little dampener but I have my doubts it actually dose much.

I'd honestly be more concered with bow noise then rest noise. From what I've seend from the DZ you bow is going to be louder then the rest.

Flintflinger 01-26-2005 02:01 PM

Cornfed, How do these work? I see a cord that comes off the back. what is that and where does it attach?

IL-Cornfed 01-26-2005 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Flintflinger

Cornfed, How do these work? I see a cord that comes off the back. what is that and where does it attach?
The cord is inserted into the downward moving harness, thus as the cord is drawn down it forces the vertical laucher to raise. This makes it about as reliable as ANY rest you could shoot. It is a very simple process to set-up and tune and it seems that everyone who tries one loves it! Here's a bettre pic of the way it is connected.

Flintflinger 01-26-2005 02:49 PM

Thanks Cornfed. Since this is attached to the cables, does it affect speed? Or is speed only affected by things on the string?

121553 01-26-2005 02:58 PM

You guys got me convinced, I have been wanting to go with a drop away but was unsure of what type. I am shooting an Arrow Star rest now but also put a flipper on sometimes. I am a finger shooter and do you recommend this for a finger shooter?. I am just one of those ole timers that hate change sometimes but sometimes change is good. ;) Bobby