Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who uses trophy ridge drop away rest? >

who uses trophy ridge drop away rest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who uses trophy ridge drop away rest?

Old 01-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Default who uses trophy ridge drop away rest?

hey, what do you think of your trophy ridge drop zone rest?Do you have any complaints?? thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who uses trophy ridge drop away rest?

This is a question that you could ask on MANY different forums and they all say the same. The TR DZ is an awesome rest and has truly earned a spot on ALL my rigs. I've shot a few DZs on my rig in every weather and shooting condition that the midwest could throw at me for 2 season and they have always functioned flawlessly! Like I said, it has earned a spot on my favortie rig! A great product IMHO, you'll love it.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

DZ is a great rest. Shot mine for 2 seasons and no complaints at all.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 AM

I also shoot a DZ and have not had a single issue with mine to date. The hardest part of installing it was tying into the buss cable without a press but if you buy one through a shop they should set it up for you.(a good shop will)

They make the dz in a couple of diffrent models. I have a guide series which has the micro adjust features but all are functional and the micro adjust features are not neccessary. I just like to tinker.

Bottom line, the DZ stands upto the expectations of the price tag.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 AM

I have been looking at this rest as well for a mathews switchback. However I am not leaning towards the Schaffer Mat-1 or the mathews Micro rest. One flaw that I heard about with the DZ is noise. However I havn't heard it myself when I test fired a bow with it on. I would bet you could pretty much kill any noise with limbsaver grip material whatever it is called. I was dead set on the DZ myself but the schaffer is built esppecially for the Mathews, Fits the riser perfect. If you have a Mathews or Hoyt I would check those out, otherwise I don't think you can go wrong though with the DZ
Old 01-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have personally found that the DZ is actually one of the quietest rests out there. I believe that the vertical launcher is also a great concept becuae it really does seem to clear your vanes faster than most. I say this because with most other fallaways that I've tried, it was sometime a difficult time timming the rest to fall in time. This is one aspect where the DZ really shine. I have not found any rest that is as easier to set up. I also like the larger, full size of the DZ because it does give you added security, especially when drawing back b-heads. The built in shelf is a very nice additon. The rest looks great IMO.

Old 01-26-2005, 02:17 PM

I have two DZ guide series rests on my Pearson/McPherson bows and they perform flawlessly.Setup and tuning is a piece of cake with this rest.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with most above. I have one on my razortec and I absolutely love it. It's quiet and smooth. I've never had a clearance issue with it either. I highly recommend one.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:21 PM

Thats great to hear i was using a golden key premier.. and just bought a Trophy ridge dropzone guide series.. off Ebay for $66 new in box, i cant beat that deal !!!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

kao yssom,

that's a great price, you're gonna love the DZ!

Quick Reply: who uses trophy ridge drop away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.