Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much would you sacrifice for one week's hunt? >

How much would you sacrifice for one week's hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much would you sacrifice for one week's hunt?

Old 01-25-2005, 11:29 AM

Default RE: How much would you sacrifice for one week's hunt?

I personally would NOT do it. There has been some great advice above but its a personal preference and if I had to give up a week of the Whitetail rut to hunt Elk then no I would not. I am in love with the Whitetail and only get to date her for one week a year during the rut!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM

couger do what ur heart and the lord tells u
Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM

I have only took one trip out west, other than that have hunted around home my whole life. I know that I would not have traded that trip for all the ruts back home. Can always shoot a deer before the rut or after it.

Waking up to that mountain view, camping out, hunting hard all day like there is nothing else to do in the world, was something that I just wouldn't trade.

I might be alittle too romantic here. Gonna go have a beer and watch football now to establish myself as a man again.

Good Luck, either sounds like a good choice.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:54 PM

I would take it. U may never have another oppertunity. Plus, you can always call in sick!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blodg you're starting to worry me......
Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 PM

I'm planning on buying an Elk hunt in the 2006 season. I'm sacrificing just about all of my hobby/hunting/fun money for 2005/2006 and 2 weeks of vacation to do it. So yeah, I think you should go for it.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Well so far no one has put the wife up on the auction block? Is that a good sign or bad?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personal judgement! My opinion I would go and hunt elk. Do what YOU want to do, who cares what I think!

I don't know what the Lord has to do with this??????
Old 01-25-2005, 06:39 PM

I'm a cheap skate. I will not take a free hunt with a guaranteed deer! I was just offered a free hunt today. The man was my dad's friend. I politely declined. I used the excuse that the monster deer that dropped that shed would be under my tree. In all reality I don't want to lose the $90 I would make from working! Man saving up for a truck can cause some problems!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said its a personal preference. Being from elk country and elk hunting every year I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But I know that you deer hunters feel the same about that animal too, and thats great. I know that if someone came to me and gave me an option to hunt Alaska, but I had to give up elk hunting in the rut for one year that I would do it. I would still hunt elk in late season a weekend or two, and thats what you could do with your deer hunting as well. As far as your bow well I would actually recoment using your older bow because I am sure its like a extension of your arm and a part of you. A lot of first time elk hunters come unglued when a bull comes in so if your bow is not automatic and fluid with the rest of your body you could have problems or freeze up.

Quick Reply: How much would you sacrifice for one week's hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.