Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you??? >

How many of you???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you???

Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Default RE: How many of you???

CAPTIN BACKSTRAP, dude i get your question. I think im pretty damn good myself. I have the deer, bear and trophies to prove it. I take a bear and nice buck every year on state property.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: messenger516

CAPTIN BACKSTRAP, dude i get your question. I think im pretty damn good myself. I have the deer, bear and trophies to prove it. I take a bear and nice buck every year on state property.
I dont like braggers.....no offense[:-]
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 PM

WOw EGO!

Actually it depends on your definition of "around" or "neck of the woods"

I am the best hunter who hunts out of my stand[8D]

Then again I am the only one who hunts there
Old 01-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

The good ones dont tell you there good!

Only the ones that have somthing to prove run there fat mouth!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

The grasshopper is listening. Seriously though, I am always looking to learn something that will improve me. Please tell me something I don't already know.

For the good of the many help make the one better.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:23 PM

messenger516 !!!

Thanks for understanding the question!!!

This question was meant to be thought-provoking . It is,by nature, a subjective and fundamental type of question. Let me explain...

As far as the question itself, I will say this. As far as all of the people I have met and know personally, I consider myself to be among the top 3 or 4, and as far as trophies on the wall go , only one of them has me beat. Then again, that guy is 35 years older than me ,too. The other two are both older than me as well, and they happen to be my brother and my father. So , for me to say that of the people I know personally, which is a lot of people, that I consider myself to be the best, could actually be a true statement by a number of standards. So , I was really not lying.

Now in my question, I did not say I was the "best" period. I did not say I was the best in the world or any of that. I'm sure there's plenty of guys out there better than me. I just don't know them personally. So, I left the question open-ended in that regard, but only a couple of you picked up on that..
BUT THAT'S REALLY NOT THE POINT!!

The reason I asked this question was not to brag. I am really not the type of guy to do that. If I were , I would have probably done that a long time ago.

There are several reasons why I asked this question:

1) First of all , I believe we owe it to ourselves, our sport, and especially to the animals we pursue to be the absolute best we can be before we step foot in the woods. We are toting bows around with broadhead tipped arrows, attempting to shoot them at deer or whatever. I don't take that lightly. My point is, the stakes are high for the hunter and the hunted. If you feel like theres so many people out there better than you, then maybe you don't belong in the woods. Remember , I didn't say I was the best and couldn't get any better. You have to have the attitude that you can, should, and will improve yourself when given the oppurtunity. But at the same time we have a responsibility to be the best when we step into the woods. That was one point, if we don't feel like we are at the top of our game then this is a game we shouldn't play. It gives us a better attitude and more confidence, which when combined with the proper set up and adequate practice, will result in more heart shots and fewer misses and gut shots. One guy said"The reason a lot of people miss is because they are so worried they are going to miss!"

Another reason I did this is because your answer to this type of question reveals a lot about YOU! I know it was a trick question, I kind of set you guys up, but at the same time I tried to give you a hint on my first post and on a follow up post on the same page. If you guys go back and read those, I think you'll see what I was getting at , but I didn't want to give it away. It's funny how I got ran down so much, insulted, made fun of, etc. Is doing those kinds of things any better than me bragging?? Funny to me.
It's also funny to me how you guys say you know someone better than you or the best that you know, but you find it impossible that I might be a person like that ?? Funny.
There's another reason. I wanted to post a question besides something like "I got my new bow", or " what kind of fletching do you use " or " I got snow" or whatever. NOW, there's nothing wrong with posts like that , don't get me wrong, I just wanted to tickle your intellectual funny bone. I wanted you guys to stop and think. Notice messenger516 said "I get your question" I might be wrong, but i think he knew what I was after.
It was simply meant to be mentally stimulating, that's all.

And finally, it was for fun. I'm just a guy that loves to bowhunt. I really don't brag about it, a lot of guys don't even know I've killed a big buck, because that's really not me. I enjoy this site because to me it's not so personal. Yes, I think I"m pretty darn good, but I don't say that to people I know. I really do try to be humble about it, but it seemed to me it might be interesting to post a thread like this just to see the reaction. I hope there's no hard feelings.

Oh, and one more thing. Next time you guys go hunting, make sure you're the best or at least one of the best bowhunters around. Set higher standards for yourself. It will make you a better bowhunter!

Thanks for playing,
Captain B.S.!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: captain backstrap

This question was meant to be thought-provoking . It is,by nature, a subjective and fundamental type of question. Let me explain...

In the words of Jerry Sinfeild, "That's a shame"
Old 01-26-2005, 06:56 AM

I consider myself to be among the top 3 or 4, and as far as trophies on the wall go , only one of them has me beat. Then again, that guy is 35 years older than me ,too
I know MANY good "Bow Hunters" and not a single one of the good ones looked at another guy's wall and compared his wall to theirs and declared them beat. You have so much yet to learn about being a good bowhunter, you're just not ready to take the next step yet. Funny how some guys never see it in the mirror though.

You can't be a good "Bow Hunter", in my very humble opinion, till the hunt is judged solely on what happens in the woods and not what's on the wall. Remember you asked about a bow hunter, and hunting is what happens in the woods .. the "trophy" is just the result of the hunt.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

WEll i really dont know, but out of the all the people i hunt with, if there was a toss up on who would be voted the best bowhunter or hunter for that matter out of the group i hunt with...........it would be me hands down. Yes i am young and single, and loving it............more time to spend hunting!!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:53 AM

im most likely in the top 3 with my winchester 12 gauge. (im not the best with my bow havnt had alot of time to shoot or tune it)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.