Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dynamic Outdoors  1-800-THE-HUNT >

Dynamic Outdoors 1-800-THE-HUNT

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dynamic Outdoors 1-800-THE-HUNT

Old 01-23-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Dynamic Outdoors 1-800-THE-HUNT

I was going outside just now to shoot my bow, when I saw this add on TV. In everyone of the deer videos you can see the fence in the background. They even show a deer jump the fence!

On one of the clips there is an elk. You then see an arrow hit the elk in the top 4/5 of the body. I have never seen a clip like this. Dang, I should call up and ask them how much the price is for a fair hunt.[:@]
Old 01-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dynamic Outdoors 1-800-THE-HUNT

I did not see the show.But if the deer can jump the fence it is a fair chasae hunt. Lots pf places have fences for cattle.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:50 AM

Zak it is a shame they had to show the bad shot on the elk, but about the fence if you seen a deer jump the fence then it wasn't designed to keep them in. If I had someone filming my hunts you can see a fence from my stand, it is a fence a farmer has for his cattle.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:24 PM

You then see an arrow hit the elk in the top 4/5 of the body.
Zak, do you expect every shot you make to be perfect? You're going to tell me that the people we watch on TV never make poor shots? It's a part of hunting and I'm glad that some shows are comfortable showing poor shots because it just goes to show that everyone makes mistakes. It's not like they were promoting bad shots, they just made a mistake. Unrealistic expectations...
Old 01-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

If they can jump the fence, it's not relevant.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

You seem really upset about nothing.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I did not see the show.But if the deer can jump the fence it is a fair chasae hunt. Lots pf places have fences for cattle.
I looked in the background and could see bigger fences. I probably shouldn't have said anything about the bigger fences because they could be cut in places that are not shown. I just assumed and should not have done so. This is my fault and I am sorry about that.
ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

You then see an arrow hit the elk in the top 4/5 of the body.
Zak, do you expect every shot you make to be perfect?
No, but if you were looking for a hunt would you want to see someone shoot an elk in the top 4/5 of the body? I certainly wouldn't seeing as you would probably be hunting with a bunch or slobs. I am not saying they are slobs because they made a bad shot, I am saying they are slobs because of the obsticals they had to shoot around. I forgot to say that this shot was through a thicked of trees and bushes. This is why I am upset. I would not have dreamed about taking a shot from that position.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:59 PM

No, but if you were looking for a hunt would you want to see someone shoot an elk in the top 4/5 of the body?
Am I the guy who made that shot? No. Was it the outfitter's fault that a poor shot was made? No. Because one client made a poor shot isn't going to affect whether or not I book with that outfitter.

I am not saying they are slobs because they made a bad shot, I am saying they are slobs because of the obsticals they had to shoot around. I forgot to say that this shot was through a thicked of trees and bushes.
Have you ever hunted elk, Zak? Ever hunted them with a bow? They're a lot less predictable than whitetails are.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

No, but if you were looking for a hunt would you want to see someone shoot an elk in the top 4/5 of the body?
Am I the guy who made that shot? No. Was it the outfitter's fault that a poor shot was made? No. Because one client made a poor shot isn't going to affect whether or not I book with that outfitter.

I am not saying they are slobs because they made a bad shot, I am saying they are slobs because of the obsticals they had to shoot around. I forgot to say that this shot was through a thicked of trees and bushes.
Have you ever hunted elk, Zak? Ever hunted them with a bow? They're a lot less predictable than whitetails are.
I think Zak is trying to say is if that guy made a bad shot i wouldnt want to be showing that to my soon to be clients i would want to shot good accurate clean kill shots.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501
I think Zak is trying to say is if that guy made a bad shot i wouldnt want to be showing that to my soon to be clients i would want to shot good accurate clean kill shots.
Exactly bwhunter501. Wash, I have never hunted elk. I am not sure that it was a client that shot that elk. I would be willing to bet it was the outfitter but I don't want to assume.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Outdoors 1-800-THE-HUNT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.