HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   whats up with woman (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/87524-whats-up-woman.html)

messenger516 01-22-2005 06:02 PM

whats up with woman

does your woman get on your back about deerseason cause you dont spend any time at home? i love my girl but im sorry hon, but deer are more important. Why cant they just understand?

Stone316_74 01-22-2005 06:08 PM

RE: whats up with woman

Man you're either single or on the verge of being single;). I understand what you're saying but I would never go there here on a forum. Whew good luck!!!

Icedragon 01-22-2005 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: messenger516

does your woman get on your back about deerseason cause you dont spend any time at home? i love my girl but im sorry hon, but deer are more important. Why cant they just understand?
You apparently dont love your woman as much as you say if you think deer are more important than her.

extreme1 01-22-2005 06:16 PM

does your woman get on your back about deerseason cause you dont spend any time at home
Nope----never had that problem.I have been with my wife since 1990 and maried for 11 of those years.I spend time with her,my 2 beautiful children and she couldent be happier.See,she goes to the gym to work out and likes to do girl things with her friends and thats fine by me.Just when deer season rools around she knows to leave me alone and let me do my thing,we have an understanding,do what you like to do just dont over do it.Meaning,remember she (and or kids) still exist during your time.

Looking over my shoulder as I'm writing this,hows that my love;)

TimberCreek 01-22-2005 06:28 PM

I have been married for 26 yrs and we do not get along that great but what I have done is include my wife in the hunting! She comes with me and this year sat out in the stands with me. She won't go out in the morning but does go out in evening. She likes it so much that now she wants a gun and is going to hunt next year in gun season. Try including them, it worked for me.

Swamp Dawg 01-22-2005 06:35 PM

i love my girl but im sorry hon, but deer are more important.
Is this your wife or girlfriend? If it is your wife, your priorities are really messed up. I spend my share of time in the woods during hunting season, but only after I have taken care of business at home with my wife and kids. As long as I give them the time and attention they deserve, my wife practically kicks me out the door to go hunting.

ShadowAce 01-22-2005 06:54 PM

Not all women are understanding about deer season. I have lost some hunting buddies because they got married and their wives wouldn't let them go hunting anymore. Let me rephrase that; they let their wives prohibit them from hunting. You have to do enough outside of deer season to keep your sig other happy enough to keep from bitching about you leaving during deer season. My wife used to be bad when we were dating but is cool about it now. I have used several arguments over the years.

-It's only 16 weeks out of the year! You have me the other 36!

-(If they are into shopping) What if they only allowed you to shop for 4 months out of the year and the best deals were 2 hours away. Tell me you wouldn't be camped outside waiting for the doors to open! I use this to illustrate the importance of the opening of gun season which is during the rut here in KY.

- If all else fails, behave in such a way during the other 36 weeks of the year that she is ready for you to get out of her hair for a few weekends.;)

luknikk 01-22-2005 06:57 PM

As Luknikk's wife, let me tell you....We have freaking lives too; that don't revolve around deer! Example: I'm trying to finish nursing school and it'd be nice to be able to study without all the kids in my hair because the old man has to be out hunting deer. Or maybe we'd like to go out to dinner, but he's too tired... I mean, he did sit in a tree all day and do nothing but look for deer; not clean house, take care of kids, do laundry, try to study for an exam or anything fun like that. But some of you guys are worse with deerhunting than you are with football. Did you guys ever think if the gals got as much attention as you give the deer....relationships would NEVER have any problems? That's just a woman's point of view gentlemen...take it for what it's worth.
Deerseason Widow

ShadowAce 01-22-2005 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: luknikk

As Luknikk's wife, let me tell you....We have freaking lives too; that don't revolve around deer! Example: I'm trying to finish nursing school and it'd be nice to be able to study without all the kids in my hair because the old man has to be out hunting deer. Or maybe we'd like to go out to dinner, but he's too tired... I mean, he did sit in a tree all day and do nothing but look for deer; not clean house, take care of kids, do laundry, try to study for an exam or anything fun like that. But some of you guys are worse with deerhunting than you are with football. Did you guys ever think if the gals got as much attention as you give the deer....relationships would NEVER have any problems? That's just a woman's point of view gentlemen...take it for what it's worth.
Deerseason Widow
How'd you get in here? You know the secret handshake or something?

messenger516 01-22-2005 07:42 PM

Wait a minute let me refraze, October she's understanding, november she gets annoyed, by december she is screaming im still hunting. i've taking her plenty of times and i enjoy sharing it with her but she gets too cold after the first three weeks and doesnt wanna go anymore so that means i cant go.