HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bushnell Range finder's (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/87359-bushnell-range-finders.html)

nubo 01-21-2005 01:49 PM

Bushnell Range finder's

Last season I forgot to take the batteries out of my Bushnell 800 rangefinder . I replaced the batteries before I went on the moosehunt, but failed to notice the corrosion on the terminal's. When I went to use them They wouldn't read a thing, I took the batteries out and still never noticed the terminal's. I replaced with yet with another set of batteries.After this didn't work I took a closer look and noticed the corrosion on them ,so I took a small piece of sandpaper and cleaned them up ,finally they worked ,but when I took them out the next morning they had quit working again .I played around with them but only every few tries would they work .After coming home from the hunt, I took them out to range some of my deer stand's ,this time they started acting real strange by flashing on and off till finally they never worked again .
I took them to Gabrielle's photoshop where I bought them ,and they sent them back to Bushnell for me to be fixed .The following month the store called me to tell me that Bushnell had sent me a new set of rangefinder's and that it would cost me 112.00 for the exchange for the old one's [ the warranty is only 1yr].I didnt think this was too bad since I had this set of rangefinder's for 6 year's now . Today I went in to collect them and I noticed that they had the Bushnell Sport's 800 in the showcase ,I asked him if there was any chance that we could work out a deal, and take the sport's over the other 800's which are much larger. The sport will go into your shirt pocket .The sport's were not around 6year's ago when I purchased them, but this all they had. He said! I guess we could work something out ,and gave them to me for the same deal .I was sooo happy walking out of his store and I'll definetly be back to buy other optic's from him ,I now have a brand new and compact set of rangefinder's in which I might add, are even clearer optic's than my old one's . I think I got a good deal considering my old one's were exactly that old.

nubo

Flintflinger 01-21-2005 01:55 PM

RE: Bushnell Range finder's

So how do the new ones work? I have them earmarked for my wife to get for me for some occasion.

nubo 01-21-2005 02:13 PM

I only tried them out once and can't rea;lly say just how efficient they are yet but I'll get them out real soon and let you know .The only thing that I really noticed was the optic's was much better than my other 800's.The pro sport take's 1 9 volt battery where the other model I had took 4 AAA's, and it's only got one button to power up and range where the older model I had had 2 butoon's one for powering up and the other for ranging .I just took them outside to try them ,they work quick ,clear and didn't fog in the -15 temp's that we're having right now.When I get a chance to try them again I'll let you's know my finding's .But right now I'd have to say they're much better than the other model and easier to use than my other one's.

nubo

BowHuntingFool 01-21-2005 02:30 PM

Way to go! That is a good deal! I like it when good things like that happen. I took my Rockies back that were leaking after 2.5 seasons and Gander took them back for store credit for like 90 bucks! I got a pair of Alpha Burlys, sweet boots! Congrats on the new rangefinder! New toys ya gotta love it!

nubo 01-21-2005 02:40 PM

That's exactly what I was thing Bowhuntingfool another great toy. I'm very interested in the boot's you have .Would like to know a bit more about them .

I'll pm you.

nubo

djkiller 01-21-2005 09:32 PM

try putting some lithium grease on the terminals. or electrical gel. keeps moister away from them. and helps when you forget to change old batteries and the acid breaks down the terminals.

i shoot stuff 01-21-2005 09:41 PM

some one thats rich should by me a rangefinder and ill tell uhow they work ;)

djkiller 01-22-2005 07:42 AM

LOL!!! I AGREE I SHOOT STUFF !!