Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Patriot VS. Extreme VFT >

Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

Buckeye, you said in a nearlier post that you would take the VFT over the Pat. Why and how would the two compare? All I have to go on is reading a couple of reviews. I am working alot of overtime right now so I dont have any time to go shoot anything. Why would you take the Extreme VFT over the Pat? The speeds seem to be about the same. The only difference I can see (from reading) is the brace height on the VFT is about an inch bigger. Please clue me in.

As much as I am a non conformist, I am leaning to one of these two bows. Now mind you, this is with out shooting either on yet. I may change my mind when I am able to shoot them side by side.

If I can get the Extreme VFT for $469 like standindpipe says, it is almost to good to pass up.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Patriot VS. Extreme VFT ...BUCKEYE

Bueller.....Bueller.....anyone.....anyone?

Buckeye, Since you made the comment and no one is responding, I am calling you to answer please.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:30 PM

Default RE: Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

Which ever you choose I'd make the call to Sportsmans Warehouse Twin Falls Idaho. I don't expect the bows to be there long.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:38 PM

The only problem is I am waiting to get my over time money and that wont be for 2 weeks yet. I doubt they will be there when I get my money.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:43 PM

100.00 will hold it.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:46 PM

Standingpipe, your killing me. Your gonna talk me into buying something I havent even tried out yet, hehe.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Yep what can you do.. I shot both and really liked them. Chose the Dually. No particular reason. My brother shoots one it is a 2003 model. We can't all get ours the way he got his. He found it on private land laying in the grass fully outfitted and ready to shoot I think someone was hunting where they shouldn't have been and was in a hurry to get a deer off the property. His shoots awesome. It's an unbelievable story but it happened to him.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 PM

Your kidding? Wow that would be cool.

Well I called 3 different Sportsmans and Only the one in Twin Falls has the VFT. Portland.. out. Kennewick...out. So I gotta go home and sweet talk the wife to see if I can swing this. I would really like to get that bow. Do you happen to know what the weight and draw length was on the one in Twin Falls? I should call and ask myself, just thought you might know.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:00 PM

I'm not sure. I think it was 28 and seemed to be 60 pounds or so I can't remember for sure. I shot alot of bows that day.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The draw lengths are module adjustable. They can slap in what ever you like before they ship it. The draw weight isn't that big of an issue. If it's a 60#er, just max it out and be done with it(your shoulders will thank you later). If it's a 60-70 all the better, you have room to play..

Quick Reply: Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.