HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Patriot VS. Extreme VFT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/87170-patriot-vs-extreme-vft.html)

extreme1 01-20-2005 07:03 PM

RE: Patriot VS. Extreme VFT

The only difference I can see (from reading) is the brace height on the VFT is about an inch bigger
Are you talking about the 04 lineup or the 05.
If its the 04 line-up then Id choose the patriot over the extreme vft.but thats just my oppinion.
Extreme vft
40-70 lb
let off 65-80%
A to A--34 1/16
brace-6 5/8
DL-25-30
IBO speed-325-333

Patriot VFT
50-80 lb
let off 65-80%
A to A--33
brace-7 in
DL-25-30
IBO speed-320-328

The PAT has pivoting limb pockets which the extreme does not .The patriot also has sealed bearings making it,I,think a smoother draw.
They both offer the Infinity cam which is awesome,and has the best solid wall on the market,using a post to stop the cam on the limb.
They are both excellent bows.If you are looking for all out speed then the extreme vft is for you.If you want the speed,smooth draw and exceptional accuracy then go with the pat.

If your talking the 05 line up then just go with the allegiance,everyone is singing praises about this bow:)

buckeye 01-20-2005 09:37 PM

OK.

I would recommend the Extreme VFT over the Pat dually. If they were both single cams I would take the Patriot with out hesitation.

The Patriot Dually can be a bit much for some people to handle.

First of all it has a small valley that is unadjustable.... You can set the Ex's valley.
You have no choice of let off 65% only.... The Ex is 65%-80%.
There is no draw stop on the dually.... The Ex has a draw stop.
The duallys are on the loud side compaired to the SC's.... The Ex is much more quiet.
The dually also has much more vibration in the riser and grip.... The Ex is basically vibe free.

Looking at it the other way now.
The Ex does not have sealed bearings like the pat.
The Ex is slightly top heavy in hand... the pat blances very well in hand.
The Ex does not have pivioting limb pockets like the Pat.
The Ex has 1 inch less brace height than the Pat

As I said it is just my personal experiences with the two. I would say I was not more accurate with one then the other, but the Ex was more pleasureable to shoot. You really need to get a feel for them both, you will know which is right for you after a few shots.

Now if you have a chance to pick up at Patriot SC don't pass it up. It has the best attributes of these bows combined. It is an awesome shooter. I have not one single complaint with the Pat SC.

Probably my favorite bow I have ever owned, although I am getting pretty fond of the Allegiance[8D]

Good luck what ever you do. I hope I answered your question.

nubo 01-20-2005 10:19 PM

I thought that you were talking about the Pat Dually in your earlier post ,and most of what you have said is correct except the noise issue on the 04 model .i think the 04 Dually is much more quiet than the 03 but that's just my opinion .I agree that the Dually just isn't anyone's bow because it does want to take off when your drawing it and if you even relax for a second when your against the back wall she'll get away on you .If I were you either the Pat S/C or the ExtremeVFT would be good choice's ,they would be much easier to handle in some condition's .But if you can handle her and like all out speed then the Dually might be the choice ,but again if you don't have a solid anchor,this bow might not be a good choice for you.

nubo

Flintflinger 01-21-2005 08:08 AM

Thanks guys. At least I have somewhat of an informed opinion, albeit, your opinions, hehe. If I dont have to work tomorrow, i am going to go and try to shoot a couple of these. You guys have got me all jazzed now.

I told my wife about what I was doing and all she could do was roll her eyes. As long as I get her a good sewing machine, all will be fine in my house.

Bluefeather 01-21-2005 08:23 AM

I've never shot the Pat, but do love my 2004 Extreme VFT. I ended up buying mine sight unseen but I was not disappointed. When I got her finetuned, I could shoot any type of broadhead and group with my field points. All I can say is I'm happy with mine. Good luck with your selection.

JARED_LA 01-21-2005 09:54 AM

buckeyebuckhntr was I think right on the money. I have an 03' VFT and love it. I chose it over the dually because it had a little less jump and was a little quieter. Just my .02.

Flintflinger 01-21-2005 01:58 PM

I think I have made up my mind on a bowtech, just not sure which one. I am going to sportsmans tonight, plus there is a sportsmans show this weekend that I will attend. I can probably get some good info there. Maybe they will even have a place to try some out.

duramaxlt 01-21-2005 04:12 PM

standingpipe tell youre friend that bow is mine you want believe this but i was up a tree hunting and this huge hawk flew by and took it out of my hands.if he wants to ship it back to me you can e-mail me for the address.:D

Standingpipe 01-21-2005 05:30 PM

I'll let my brother know I'm not sure I can convince him but I'll do what I can. lol

Buck Magnet 01-21-2005 06:41 PM

Lets see, I have shot a 2002, 2003, and 2004 Patriot and a 2003 and 2004 Ex-VFT! Honestly, there isn't much differance. The Pat has a larger brace height, but in my opinion, that is a null point as the EX-VFT was every bit as easy and forgiving to shoot as the Pat! Speed, recoil, and noise were pretty much the same! If it was up to me, I would save the extra money and get an EX-VFT. My best-friend bought a 03 EX-VFT and has absolutely fell in love with the bow. I have shot his bow a good bit and it is very smooth drawing (especially for the speed that bow puts out), and that thing is holding up perfectly. He still has the factory strings and they are great, no stretching and no signs of wear. Heck, he even has the original hush kit. He has thousands upon thousands of shots out of the bow and the string silencers are still holding up perfectly!

That extra $150 you save on the EX-VFT will go a long way on accessories!