HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hoyt mt-sport (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/8643-hoyt-mt-sport.html)

Brookie 09-04-2002 11:07 AM

hoyt mt-sport

I just bought a new hoyt mt-sport and it shoots great but is noisy in my opinion. Mine is double cam. My buddy has a single cam and it is much quieter than mine. I had it back to the shop and they went over everything and could find nothing loose nor could they pin-point the source of the sound. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I already have string silencers and limb savers.

Arthur P 09-04-2002 12:10 PM

RE: hoyt mt-sport

Dual cam bows are simply not as quiet as singles. Fact of life. But, at least with the MT Sport, you get a good bit better performance as a tradeoff.

Get a good, shock absorbing stabilizer, install some cable guard limbsavers and, at the risk of repeating myself for the 100th time in the past week, a heavier arrow will help hold down the extra noise.

Just thought of something else too. Check your axle to axle length and brace height. If your rigging has creeped, your bow isn't under the correct amount of tension and that can cause it to be noisier than it should be. If axle to axle measures too long and/or brace height too short, twist up the string and cables to get everything back to spec.

Edited by - Arthur P on 09/04/2002 14:16:36

DOE KILLER 09-04-2002 08:17 PM

Brookie,

I have a MT-Sport that is very quite. If you are shooting an extremely light arrow you might go to a heavier arrow to aborb more of the energy. Often to obtain a real quite bow you may bave to sacrifice some speed. I also assume that the tiller is correct on your bow.

PABowhntr 09-05-2002 05:36 AM

Arthur pretty much nailed it...but I thought I would throw in the usual suggestion of a set of split limb savers in there as well. That should help with both noise and any vibration in the riser.

cdr4thBn 09-05-2002 06:36 AM

Ditto on nearly every point made by the several responders. My MT Sport is VERY quiet. Its outfitted with the above mentioned split limb noise reduction system, string whiskers and I shoot a heavier arrow/broadhead combination. The arrow weight will go a long way to reduce the noise of your bow. Don't go to a great deal of expense but just try a heavier broadhead and see if that helps.

buckinkansas 05-18-2010 05:56 PM

I am thinkin about trading my Playstation 3 for a Hoyt MT Sport with Z R 200 limbs. The offer also includes a quiver, 4 arrows, release, 3 pin sight, and stabilizer bar. This will be my first bow and I have not done any bowhunting before. Would this be a good trade?

Pops423 05-19-2010 12:22 PM

@buckinkansas it's a great bow. Not sure what a PS is worth, but I still have my MT Sport as a backup.

gutshot 05-20-2010 07:45 AM

You may also want to install a STS string stop.