Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Lie?

Old 01-11-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Why Lie?

I just got finished reading a post where a guy claims his buddy had lunch with Michael Waddel at the ATA show. Well, unless this guy can be in two places at once, It must be a miracle, since Michael was in Georgia with his wife while she gave birth to a new baby boy (maybe he was in the delivery room with him). When you lie it seems you always get caught and it makes you look foolish. I'm sure I can speak for alot of guys out here, you don't have to try an impress anyone, especialy a bunch of hunters.

Sorry, just my feelings on this.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why Lie?

I dont care if he had luch with KING TUT.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow , heckuva first post!

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:20 AM

wow nice un.....hope you didnt get an account to vent on that cause judging by your first post i think it would be fun to keep u around
Old 01-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

bigoak1 first off let me just say welcome to the board! Second I agree with cardeer. I really don`t` care who had lunch with who[&:] Some people just think there going to make them self`s look better in other people`s eyes by streaching the truth or making a story sound better than what it is? But for the more mature hunters they could care less about big names. As for michael waddel, he seems to be a down to earth guy and i wish him the best of luck with his new member of his family.But as for who ever left a message saying they had lunch with him, Well maby they did? You know? like one of those cardboard cut outs, or a blow up doll. When my sister was little she used to have make believe tea party`s with make believe guest.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 AM

It is not a stretch at all.
I am a very honest person. I saw the picture with my friend and a group of hunters. One of the hunters was mr. waddel. A group of people went to lunch, and he says MW was with them. I've seen the picture, and heard the story. I just passed it on. Maybe I'm getting snowed, but I don't think the picture or my friend would lie.
Maybe he was home with his wife, cause apparently your pretty tight with him. Maybe he went to the show for a day. Then flew home. Some people fly nowadays, it probably only takes 2 or 3 hours. I have no idea. I hope I can prove you wrong.

BTW
Nice first post. Get on the board and attack someone you know nothing about. That to me shows what kind of character you have. Why not just ask me about my info, Or pm me to talk about it. I Have no reason to lie to anyone on this board. When I found this board I was very happy. I finally found a place with a lot of people like me, a lot of true, ethical, hard core bowhunters. I do not like attacks like this. For those of you generous enough to share experiance, knowledge, pict., etc. I thank you very much, the information used here will help alot in the future. Good luck to all, have a good and safe hunt. I just went from an everyday user of this MB, to someone who might read, but will stay silent.

To bigoak---you can kiss my effn a buddy.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:47 AM

Donn't sweat the small stuff...., and it's all small stuff! Good book, you should read it

There are many reasons why people lie, would you like me to list all the clinical reasons? Mostly it's to get out of trouble or to impress someone. Others have a compulsion and don't even realize they are doing it. Others yet are delusional and don't really believe it is a lie. And some lie knowing they will get caught just because they want the attention. I have a question for you. Is it any less destructive to point out or call someone on a harmless lie? What purpose does it serve other than breaking down someone that already has self esteem issues and thinks they need to lie in order for people to like them.

Maybe he had lunch with someone he thought was Mike. He may not be the one telling a tale. I highly doubt that, but you never know if you were not there. Some people are pretty gullable.

Let it go, there are more important things to worry about.

Paul
Old 01-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, you can tell it's the off season
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow cant we all just get along
Old 01-12-2005, 08:04 AM

I just went from an everyday user of this MB, to someone who might read, but will stay silent.
RiverBottom- You gonna let this rookie poster get to you like that? Come on man, take it for what it's worth and move on. It doesn't mean you have to stop posting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.