Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Prices SUCK!!!!!!! >

Bow Prices SUCK!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Prices SUCK!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Bow Prices SUCK!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Atlas

You could get $350 bare bow for your Patriot if it is indeed a 2003 in VGC. Keep your accessories and put them on the new rig. You are only losing $200 - $250 then.
There are full rigs with good accessories on Ebay for $400-$450 right now. I was hoping I could get $400 for my bare bow........I paid $650 for it 2 years ago and it looks and shoots no different today.

For the amount of enjoyment your bow brings you that is a very small price to pay IMO.
It's not the money........it's feeling like I paid $1,000 for something that depreciates by 1/3 the minute I walk out the door.

As MO_Bow mentioned I have owned at one time or another over the past 2 years 20 some odd bows. Buy smart and sell smart and you don't take a big hit.
Wow.

I just sold my 04 Patriot SC for $600 for the setup. So, I lost $400 dollars or so. Thats less than $40 a month for a whole years use. I got much more than $40 enjoyment out of it per month.
Yea, you lost $400 but now you have no bow...........Buy a new Bowtech to replace it and you are out another $1,200.

So losing $500 you spent less than $20.83 a month to shoot that bow over the past two years. Thats a bargin if you ask me
Like I said above.......if I sell it I have no bow.......I would be out $500 and then have to cough up $1,200 for a new rig. That's a big hit when I already have a sweet rig in my hands.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

buckeyebuckhntr has made a good point. I am sure more money is spent on boos or lottery tickets. It all depends where your heart is at. I just spent 2,000 setting up my new bow. I didn't even skip a beat.
It's not the money Elk..........I am fortunate enough to not have to worry about that right now. I do however not like wasting money..........and that's what shelling out $1,000 for something that 2 years later is only worth half feels like.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not the money........it's feeling like I paid $1,000 for something that depreciates by 1/3 the minute I walk out the door.
You gotta pay if you wanna play

Buy a new Bowtech to replace it and you are out another $1,200.
Well spent money for the enjoyment I get. Some people drink, some buy lottery tickets, some smoke. I spend my extra money on archery/hunting equipment.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, you lost $400 but now you have no bow...........Buy a new Bowtech to replace it and you are out another $1,200.
I am not out of $1200 I spend the $600 I got for the Pat and then pick up the rest.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't know that there was anything else to spend money on other than archery equipment. I got a new bow several years ago for my wife. It was the best trade that I ever made.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with buckeye on this (can't believe I'm saying this after the abuse he's putting me through)

Yes, its an expensive hobby really. But I love it and its really the only thing I do spend any amount of money on. I really don't drink, except on occasion, I don't smoke, do drugs or gamble (ya know, all the fun stuff)

Archery is my drug. Sometimes I have to watch myself. But yes, its a small price to pay for a hobby that brings so much to your life.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
AK

Man, Chalk up another reason why I love selfbows so much! Materials for a new bow cost me as little a $5, and I can make a new one at any time to suit.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:21 PM

Yep, you're right atlas. No one needs a new bow every year. I keep mine for 5-6 years or when I feel like the new ones have really passed me by. I can't believe how some people go through bows. I get attached to my bows and wouldn't feel right after only a season or two with it and then ditching it for the hot new one. I have to let the fire between us die out first.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I am not out of $1200 I spend the $600 I got for the Pat and then pick up the rest.

I know what you're saying........it's the math I used in the original post. I will have spent $1,000 on my Pat then get back say $500 for the whole rig.........a new setup costs me $1,200........I'm only in the hole $700.

But if you think about it from day one I am in the hole $1,200.

$1,000 for the Pat......I get $500 back......balance= - $500

New rig is $1,200 ($700 comes from me $500 from Patriot)......balance=-$700

-$700+-$500=-$1,200 over 2 years.

Losing $1,200 every 2 years on bows sucks IMO.

I am gonna have to go shoot the Allegiance to see if I even want to think about it first.

I may just buy it outright and use my Patriot for 3D or something.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:25 AM

They do loose their valve very quickly and I hate it also. I bought a Mathews Ovation
last Jan. or Feb. for $630.00 with tax and if I sell it today it will only bring $400.00 to
$450.00 bare bow if I am lucky. I decided to keep it for indoor use and some 3D and
my new Darton Tundra will be used for hunting. Yea, i just chucked out another $600.00
for another one. My wife say's I need my head checked. She might be right.

Quick Reply: Bow Prices SUCK!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.