Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 stealth cam problem? common? >

stealth cam problem? common?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stealth cam problem? common?

Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default stealth cam problem? common?

I was at my site around my stealth cam yesterday and thought I'd let it take a pic of me, just goofin' around. I walked up to the camera and nothing. Low battery light was not on, the test light was not on (it was in live mode and had 4 on the counter). So I stood there thinking, "What the heck?" Then I hear the flash fire up (that really high pitch ring) and it snaps a pic. After I had stood there waving my arms and such for a good minute or so.

The sensor was "fogged" as it was misting pretty heavily.

What could have caused this? The water on the sensor?? Or is this a common problem?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Default RE: stealth cam problem? common?

I had that same problem with 2 of the 4 that ive had. Both of them, just didnt seem to take as many pics as my other cam, and like you said i literally had to jump up and down waving my arms to set it off. Then one other Stealth Cam wouldnt rewind film,, and another just took pictures of nothing,, two rolls of film without a single animal on them,, needless to say it was my last Stealth.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:52 PM

Well I had a real good experience with it in test mode... Took some great pictures for 2 rolls. I don't know what to think now. I read some real good feedback on these cams.

Where were you when I was reading that feedbacK!? [:@]

Angus, I've hunted around Salem before. Like it there?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

dang... that last post was mine. My buddy stayed logged in on my PC.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:44 PM

The Stealth Cam has, I believe, a five min. delay on it from the time you turn it to "live" mode to the first picture it will take. In other words, maybe the reason it delayed taking your picture was because after you turned it on, the delay held for the five min. before it could take your picture. I think this is so that you can clear the area. Maybe this is some help. I loved gettin my first roll of film from this camera last week.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had that problem with mine. What was the delay you set inbetween pics? That delay is the time the camera will keep from firing inbetween pics. I went and checked mine last week. It had been out for 3 weeks or so. It was out during a really really cold spell. There was about a week of lows in the single digits. Well when I checked it, it wasn't acting right. I walked in front of it and it never took a pic of me. The LCD screen was blinking. The low battery wasn't on either. Anyone ever had that happen?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the same thing happen. Dont assume that the batteries are fine just because the low battery light isn't blinking. I change my batteries every week or two. As the batteries wear down the motion sensor weakens to the point where something has to be a foot or two in front of it to trigger it. Use good batteries , (Duracell or EnergizerE2's) work the best.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

BOWFANATIC, it's been out for 3 weeks now. Maybe it is time to change the batteries...?

Couldn't have been any of the timing deals, I have the time between shots set to the default (1 minute) and it had been on for 3 days so it wasn't the 5 minute delay from when you switch it on. I hope it's the batteries. I'll give it a shot... tanks!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Mine seems to miss alot but I get pics. Its taken my picture as I aproached before I was close enuff to hear it & I thought it was messed up. I know it misses stuff cuz I had it set over a bait pile & I'd get a pic with food untouched deer just ariving & the next its different deer & the piles gone. All in all tho I'm satisfied.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

well I went out today and set the thing in test mode and it was picking motion up at the proper distance. I think it may have been the thick mist, both in the air and on the sensor. Interesting.

Quick Reply: stealth cam problem? common?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.