Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH >

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Default RE: MATHEWS VRS BOWTECH

i think mathews look funny. (yes, i know i sad this last week, but its still funny to me.)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Mathews safari
This will be the bow I shot the elk with this next year.It was a hard bow to find but it was even harder to get any imfo at all on bowtech in 90+# draw. Every bowtech guy I talked to said YOU DO NOT NEED 90# BOW.It is not what i need but what I want that makes the bigest deal.If bowtech wanted to make the coice of what # bow I should shot I did not think they would have my best intrest in mind.I do know there is a lot of bows out there that are very good but the people that sell the bows make what bow is the best in my eyes.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

In my opinion Bowtech and Matthews do not make the best bows. My reasoning is there are too many bow manufacturers on the market who make very good bows.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

SORRY BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO SHORT DRAW LENGHTS MATHEWS DOESN'T CUT IT AND BOWTECH HAS STEPPED TO THE PLATE. HOWS IT FEEL TO BE SECOND ON THE BLOCK MATHEWS?????
I cant speak for Mathews but I dont feel any different!

Oh yeah , STOP YELLING!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I would be happy to own either one of these bows. Currently I have a bowtech pro 38 and it's the best bow I've ever shot. However, I'm sure if I would have bought a Mathews I'd be saying the same thing right now. I just think that there are countless mfg. who make great bows I just don't think they get the credit they deserve because their bows cover a larger target market. While Mathews and Bowtech make bows only for the high end consumer, hoyt, pse, and other mfg make bows ranging from 200.00 on up so they aren't seen as the "best" bow mfg. It's almost like people wouldn't put dodge in the same category with porsche yet they make the viper which can more than handle almost any porsche on the road.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH !!! sorry bowfanatic, I couldn't help myself
Old 03-15-2005, 07:25 AM

I have been bowhunting for almost 15 yrs now and I have shot allot of different bows over the years. This past few months i have decided to upgrade my equipment and my choice boiled down to 2 bows bowtech and mathews. Without a doubt in my mind i chose the bowtech because of their new equalizer binary cam system, this bow is the fastsest, quietest, and smoothest bow on the market. HANDS DOWN !!!! I think bowtech has a better warranty system also.
Mathews claims that they have the fastest bows on the planet well I heard bowtech challeneged them at a shoot and they (mathews) walked walked away ...... I will be honest Mathews makes a great bow as well they compare very close to the bowtech ..... bowtech as the edge on them right now because of the 2 cam system mathews won't come close to the speed of a bowtech. We took a bowtech off the shelf at the shooting lanes, "constitution" and we set it up to match the equipment used (specs) to IBO speed recomendations this bow set at 55 lbs shot almost 227 FPS.
I have a couple of friends that shoot competitive 3D and they are seeing the shooters switch to bowtech ...... the majority of the last (Canadian) shoot were shooting bowtech's.

Keep up the good work Bowtech and let's see what Mathews does now !!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

Mathews safari
This will be the bow I shot the elk with this next year.It was a hard bow to find but it was even harder to get any imfo at all on bowtech in 90+# draw. Every bowtech guy I talked to said YOU DO NOT NEED 90# BOW.It is not what i need but what I want that makes the bigest deal.If bowtech wanted to make the coice of what # bow I should shot I did not think they would have my best intrest in mind.I do know there is a lot of bows out there that are very good but the people that sell the bows make what bow is the best in my eyes.
A couple years ago my friend had a 100# mathews safari. He sold it and got a Bowtech Extreme in the same draw length, but at 80# and was shooting 19fps faster with the bowtech. Plus it had less shock, was quieter, and he didn't have to play with twisting the string all the time.

Check out new bowtech alliegance; it is available up to 100#.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:04 PM

I have a Bowtech backhawk and ive shot several mathews and i wouldnt trade my bowtech for any of em. I used to dream about a mathews and then i shot them and they are good shooters but bowtech still has em beat
Old 03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well I am a bowtech man myself but they both make a great product but there is one company that has dug there own grave because the solo cam will always be around but Mathews can not move forward with different cam designs because of the hipe the make over the solocam. Bowtech is a company always moving forward and tring different things it seem every year they make a major change in there bows not because they needed to so they could survive but to put a better product out. I like that kind of approch. I remember a commercial I seen on tv a few years back It showed a company and there sign said "Where Number 1" and the commerical when say somthing like when your on top don't stick with the status quo or your sign will read "Where Numb" with the er 1 falling off. I think it kind of fits with Mathews.